Rex Ryan.........Buffalo Bills Coach

Lawdwaz

Superbowl time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK but he is a players coach and I think that will help when recruiting. He did a lot of good in his early yrs with the jets. A lot of people say he couldn't develop sanchez or smith and I cant really argue with that but sanchez didn't look great under offensive guru Chip Kelly. At the end of the day I think there further ahead with ryan than marone. Its exciting that finally a big name coach didn't dis the bills!!

Dude, he stinks and way over rated.  I'm not sure if any of you have been paying attention to the disaster that is the New York Jets.

That Disaster  was created by the GM and the Jets crappy owner!!

With the top rated Defense the Bills already have, all they need to do is wheel and Deal for a half way decent QB and Rex will be marching this team to the playoffs!!

Pegula has tons of money and a passion to win now...Rex was the best available coach so he went out and got him.

Superbowl time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JK but he is a players coach and I think that will help when recruiting. He did a lot of good in his early yrs with the jets. A lot of people say he couldn't develop sanchez or smith and I cant really argue with that but sanchez didn't look great under offensive guru Chip Kelly. At the end of the day I think there further ahead with ryan than marone. Its exciting that finally a big name coach didn't dis the bills!!

I'm with you. I like the buzz around the team

You call Holmes good on offense? Lol whAt joke he was. I am a die hard Jets fan and we lost a good coach and the Bills gained a good coach. The disaster that is the Jets was not all Red's fault, and more of Woody Johnson's fault. He is a rich idiot who does not deserve to own a team. Thank god he hired two consultants in looking for a new coach as he is clueless in all facets of business and football. Good luck Buffalo, you should at least make the playoffs once you get a QB.

You call Holmes good on offense? Lol whAt joke he was. I am a die hard Jets fan and we lost a good coach and the Bills gained a good coach. The disaster that is the Jets was not all Red's fault, and more of Woody Johnson's fault. He is a rich idiot who does not deserve to own a team. Thank god he hired two consultants in looking for a new coach as he is clueless in all facets of business and football. Good luck Buffalo, you should at least make the playoffs once you get a QB.

point is, he was ALL they ever had. Two of their WR this season are Bills busts. Definitely a GM disaster

Rex is not the best coach they could have gotten, but is the best coach they have had since Levy, not that it really matters. The Bills are such a dysfunctional franchise that it doesn't really matter much other than Ryan is already used to dysfunction in NY that it should be a good fit....they might even make the playo. ffs next year! lol

Life long Bills fan here. I think it was a solid hire. Best HC prospect since Wade Phillips in the 90's.

Most (if not all) current head coaches have been fired from a previous job. Even Belichick got fired from the Browns in 1996.

I agree that they need to upgrade the offense and if rumors prove true, Greg Roman will be the new OC. Ryan went to back to back AFC title games with a young and inconsistent QB and Buffalo has one of those...

GO BILLS!

Edited by Steuben Jerry

As much as experiance as a head coach weighs in . New head coaches in the NFL come in from somewhere,we need a qb coach and offense cordinator who could get along and use our defensive cordinator. To rehash a questionable coach gets old we tried that for previous coaches. Last one was ok but from college. So? I don't know if it's the coaching or quality of players a coach has to work with... isn't that what we are hoping for we have better players for Ryan to use? Idk I'd rather start with a new coach and build a team with him.I've waited 15 years what's 1 or two more... still need god qb even good back up qb and some mo r s tr egnth on o line, not to mention our rb's are not getting younger....

So did you want another no experience coordinator or low end college coach?

LOL, no. I think Ryan is a decent coach. My contention is with silly pant creaming euphoric “BUZZ” that (b)ILLS fans always get when a hint of something positive happens and then BAM dreams always end up smashed!  Happens every time :sorry:

Edited by JoeHunter
  • Like 1