Last chance Buck

NYBowhunter

Thanks everyone, if there was one year that I said  I would deserve a deer this would be it. It has been a long hard year with putting in food plots,prunning trees, cutting fire wood, hanging stands and dealing with a brutally cold, windy and snowy season. Hunting is a labor of love that every once in a while we get lucky. This year my family has been blessed. Now we need to start getting ready for next season....lol  :D  Best luck to all for the muzzleloader season.

Wow nice!! Hope to run into something like that this week for muzzleloader. I have been saving a 200 acre plot just for muzzloader so will have to see who's been hiding there since gun started.

Nice to have 200 acre's tucked away for the late season, that should be a nice sanctuary if its been unmolestered. I hope you get a bigger one then mine. Best of luck.

Way to go!

Thanks Burt.

Is your turnip plot getting hit yet? The deer by me are just starting to get at the turnips.

As of last week no, I will be up Sat-Mon and will check out things. My neighbor hasn't seen much the last week and says the turnips are still untouched.

I forgot to mention that when we butchered this buck, I found a bullet lodged in its front leg. The bullet was fully intact and expanded. I know it wasn't my bullet as my shot entered at the base of his neck and exited in the middle of his spine. Must have been shot last year, as when I saw him he did not have any apparent limp. These animals are tough as nails, I give them alot of respect.