LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

You road hunting lol

No it's a trail through a piece of public land. The cyclists just add to an already messed up day. I slept through my alarm this morning, forgot my lunch, forgot the grunt tube. Missed a doe broadside at 25 yards. And then those guys.

Gonna need a cold one later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now these guys.....great ffb299d06d4d6c821259026311db0fac.jpg

First, why are you set up so close to a trail? Second, if you set up that close to a trail on public land you can't get mad at other people using that land. Or if they run through the woods screaming like mad banshees. It's public land. Comes with the territory.

Another 8 days and I can start getting after deer NZ regular season. Took a ride yesterday morning south to do some small game hunting on state land. Was more of a scouting trip then anything really. Saw a couple small does and a 4pt while just slowly walking the woods. The buck was milling near a thick brushed old stone wall and and didn't seem to care I was in the area. He stared at me for a few minutes ( orange vest and all ), then just went back to slowly walking the brush line before heading into it about 80 yards from me. Got the blood pumping.

Edited by ....rob

not under 30" but they've got the new impulse 31.  it's a screamer that should thwack a nanny doe or big buck pretty hard with a heavy arrow.

Yeah I saw that one new for next year I may be trying it out

I am not one to sit long I like spot & stalk & still hunting so I prefer a short ATA

Burned a few ticks off my pants already. Not what I wanted to see. Lots of geese but no deer yet

Was working in the barn yard yesterday, getting things set up to load some cattle and had a few ticks crawling around on me. We really need a hard frost to knock these suckers out for the year. I hate ticks.

First, why are you set up so close to a trail? Second, if you set up that close to a trail on public land you can't get mad at other people using that land. Or if they run through the woods screaming like mad banshees. It's public land. Comes with the territory.

First, I'm set up on that trail because it's a travel corridor between two bedding areas and the winds were perfect and I've seen deer every time I've been there.

Second, those a$$holes were actual talking and laughing about how they were probably ruining someone's hunt. So public land or not it takes a special kind of douchebag to go out and purposely take those trails when the area is marked "cooperative hunting area" all over the place. So I definitely think I've got a reason to be a little mad about it.

First, I'm set up on that trail because it's a travel corridor between two bedding areas and the winds were perfect and I've seen deer every time I've been there.

Second, those a$$holes were actual talking and laughing about how they were probably ruining someone's hunt. So public land or not it takes a special kind of douchebag to go out and purposely take those trails when the area is marked "cooperative hunting area" all over the place. So I definitely think I've got a reason to be a little mad about it.

I am blessed to have a 400acre farm and 2 leases I hunt but I don't know how you guys can deal with the public land a$$ pains like that. I have to give you guys credit I think I would find a different hobby. I get mad enough having to deal with a trespasser or 2 every year!

• Like 2

First off its almost 9:30...just got back I went to closer place...and lets just say the walk in wasn't quiet this morning...and I just had to leave at 8:50....the chipmunks dang near drove me out of my mind..I know a beautiful morning but between them and the oak leafs falling ...Holy cow if I was a drinker I'd half way through a bottle by now.popped over to garden stand area to pull cam... and well THANK YOU ##$$@@$@$ DEC....

Got to run still have hunting clothes on...Hope he's around tomorrow.....

PS...... had a cold windy sit last night and just as I'm head to the car ...dark..... out come 5 doe...nice!...lol

Edited by growalot
  • Like 5