LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

f44b511c2ee226cb10b061b1cb8adcbb.jpg

Nice doe I got last night. Happy I filled the bow tag. I used a mechanical head and found the arrow completely intact and the head closed. No exit wound. Arrow stopped right before exiting. Thinking the head opened inside and when it came out it closed ?? Anyone experience this ? Happy it got the job done anyway. Doe ran about 20 yards and found arrow about 10-15 yards from shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had them close on me too.  But after doing the autopsy you can see they definitely opened.  Nice job.

Real tciii you would think by now they would put candy in a quieter rapper! Snickers rapper was loud

Love Snickers while on stand! But the wrappers are so loud! So now I just unwrap a bunch of mini's and put them in a sandwich baggy. There! my deer hunting tip for today!!!.......lol

Had a buck running a couple doe around at about 4:00, never seen him, just the doe. One came within range, but to many twigs in the way for a clean shot. Drew back, but didn't bothered to even try to get her to stop. At around 4:30 had a lil spiker come through. Hope to get out Thursday evening for one last sit here around home, before going down Thursday night for camp for the last day of bow and gun opener.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Called in a really big bodied buck around 2pm, he practically ran me over. Didn't see him charging behind me until he was 20 or so yards away, and I had no choice but to freeze. Now I know how it feels like to be a deer with a 2 ton hunk of metal with 2 lights heading right at you.

He busted me and put on the brakes and stopped 5 yards from me and bounded out to 35-40 yards and stayed there. He decided to do a little modeling, turning left, turning right, moving his head up and down for that blue steel look from zoolander. Once he realized it wasn't a camera that was pointing at him fully drawn, he wasn't having that and trotted away.

This thing was massive, shoulders the size of a horse. I've seen bigger racks, but never this big of a body.

Was a fun experience.

Oh, and almost hit one on the way to a meeting around 5:15PM. Doe ran across 6 lanes of traffic 65mph.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Edited by shawnhu
  • Like 3

Called in a really big bodied buck around 2pm, he practically ran me over. Didn't see him charging behind me until he was 20 or so yards away, and I had no choice but to freeze. Now I know how it feels like to be a deer with a 2 ton hunk of metal with 2 lights heading right at you.

He busted me and put on the brakes and stopped 5 yards from me and bounded out to 35-40 yards and stayed there. He decided to do a little modeling, turning left, turning right, moving his head up and down for that blue steel look from zoolander. Once he realized it wasn't a camera that was pointing at him fully drawn, he wasn't having that and trotted away.

This thing was massive, shoulders the size of a horse. I've seen bigger racks, but never this big of a body.

Was a fun experience.

Oh, and almost hit one on the way to a meeting around 5:15PM. Doe ran across 6 lanes of traffic 65mph.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Damn. Wish u got him! You certainly put the time in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk