How many arrows?

ATbuckhunter

How many arrows have you bought since you started bowhunting or Archery? I personally just bought 6 arrows a few days ago to make a grand total of 18 arrows since i started 6 years ago. If you would like to, you can add the number of bows as well. 

Edited by ATbuckhunter

Close to 30 years of bow hunting , bought two bows and less than 50 arrows for sure.

Started out with a half dozen 2117s bought a few more, then my buddy out west made me some swedged 2117s, cedar color with custom crest's perhaps a dozen.

A few years ago I switched to carbon after buying my second bow , I've since bought perhaps 18 or so.

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

Yikes......I have no idea!

Legally I started bow hunting as a Junior Archer the first year it was legal, 1976.  I was 15 at the time.

I say legally because when I was younger my buddy and I walked around with our Bear fiberglass bows and one arrow, tipped with a Bear Razorhead.  Of course the arrow was knocked........... :)

We hunted everything and anything but never killed anything bigger than a 'coon. 

As far as arrows go, started with Port Ortford Cedar shafts, by Bear.  Then some Microflight fiberglass shafts, then Easton Gamegetters, Easton XX75 Autumn Orange, Kustom King cedar shafts, Easton ACC and now GoldTip XT Hunters.

Whew.........I need to get a hobby.  :)

Oh......edit to add I never killed a deer with the bow until about 1979, I think.  Could have been 1980 but I'm foggy on it now.  And of course it was a button buck.........

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

Started at age 10 with my grandfathers Bear Kodiak and fiberglass arrows but lost them all trying to hit squirrels

Graduated to a new Hoyt compound at 12.  Probably went through 3-4 dozen cheapie aluminum arrows over the next two years

At age 14 ordered a LL Bean Bear bow that was on sale for $60 with free shipping.  i thought it was the cats meow.  Also went through several dozen arrows--Easton Gamegetter 2's always from Caps Fishing and Hunting--those from Buffalo will surely remember the store on Niag Falls BLVD

Next bought a High Country bow with crazy radical hatchet cams and prob two dozen XX75 arrows.  Always used to get them on sale at Dicks

After this moved on to an Alpine bow with a crazy overdraw.  I think the XX75 arrows were 26" long and prob had 3 dozen.  Bow shot great until I had strings replaced at Gander MTN and they screwed it up forever.  Bow could not be fixed by anyone and I took it to at least 2 shops--I learned never let a big box store tune your bow!

Next moved on to a Bowtech Tribute and carbon arrows.  Used prob 3 dozen in 10 years and I shoot a lot

So in summary, lots and lots of arrows

Started at age 10 with my grandfathers Bear Kodiak and fiberglass arrows but lost them all trying to hit squirrels

Graduated to a new Hoyt compound at 12.  Probably went through 3-4 dozen cheapie aluminum arrows over the next two years

At age 14 ordered a LL Bean Bear bow that was on sale for $60 with free shipping.  i thought it was the cats meow.  Also went through several dozen arrows--Easton Gamegetter 2's always from Caps Fishing and Hunting--those from Buffalo will surely remember the store on Niag Falls BLVD

Next bought a High Country bow with crazy radical hatchet cams and prob two dozen XX75 arrows.  Always used to get them on sale at Dicks

After this moved on to an Alpine bow with a crazy overdraw.  I think the XX75 arrows were 26" long and prob had 3 dozen.  Bow shot great until I had strings replaced at Gander MTN and they screwed it up forever.  Bow could not be fixed by anyone and I took it to at least 2 shops--I learned never let a big box store tune your bow!

Next moved on to a Bowtech Tribute and carbon arrows.  Used prob 3 dozen in 10 years and I shoot a lot

So in summary, lots and lots of arrows

Caps?  Heck yes!!  I bought my first compound there in the early 80's EXCEPT back then they were on Sheridan Drive, near Harlem.  later they moved over to Niagara Falls Blvd.

gastrodoc: Did you live in the area or go to school in BUffalo?

no idea.  bought a ton of arrows just within the past few years.  about 12 dozen at least.  for me I've got 3 dozen.  cousin and brother make up the rest.  different arrows for different bows and different reasons though.  altogether I've probably got probably 5-6 dozen for me.

I'm not really sure .... I haven't done an inventory count in a while. But I can say that I have 11 bows hanging on the wall and they mostly all had different spined arrows. So over the jillion years that I have been in the sport with the hunting and tournament activities, I have accumulated a few. I also have a bunch that have been robin hooded, and broken and bent and used on deer and destroyed in all kinds of ways.

post-11-0-23488800-1446024539_thumb.jpg