Got a Doe ... then the disapointment set in .... graphic photo...

JimMac

got out early this morning and in my spot to try and catch them still in bed .. O.O i see something ...

look thru the scope and it fogs up .... wipe the lens off with my glove .. fogs up again ,,

grab the binos, focus in ,,, what a squirrel??? look again ,, nope them ears way to big .. its a doe head ...

dispatch a shot and she just stands up ( yep she was still laying down ) ... chamber another round .

booom ... down she goes .. now for the climb down into the gully ...

i come up on her ... PEWWWWWWWW she stinks ....  front shoulder is right down to the bones and just chunks

of dried up meat there .. 

post-5165-0-81939900-1449343607_thumb.jp

That's an odd looking wound. It looks a bit big and lethal for a gun wound. I'm thinking car or coyote, although coyotes usually go for the rear. Anyway, it's a very nasty thing and the deer must have been a bit of pain and agony. So what ever caused it, it is good that she doesn't have to live with it anymore.

• Like 1

That's an odd looking wound. It looks a bit big and lethal for a gun wound. I'm thinking car or coyote, although coyotes usually go for the rear. Anyway, it's a very nasty thing and the deer must have been a bit of pain and agony. So what ever caused it, it is good that she doesn't have to live with it anymore.

same here. but wounds can fester so who knows.