Really good 2.5yr old or 3.5 year old

LIWaterman

It's hard to tell down here. In my experience I think he's 3.5. But I'm just guessing

For reference this 8pt from right in the same area weighed next to nothing. Maybe 120lbs dressed tops. So assuming he couldn't have been 1.5 i guessed him at 2.5.

a235095105adf1d69de7ccfb2fb85a3f.jpg

I saw this deer for the first time Monday night walking into a field at dark, so quickly set up a trail cam on a scrape line where I guessed him coming from. As you can tell they seem to go nocturnal after 1.5 down here and seldom show up in daylight.

I'm not too good at judging photo's but here it is anyway. Three year old. Because he seems a bit broader in the lower neck and chest area than a two year old. It's just a guess and I'm wrong more often than right! Beautiful buck, whatever age he is.

I could agree.  first buck I'd say 3.5 and 2nd 2.5 years old.  even for post season he's got more mass up front and like others said neck runs into his chest a bit low.  we've had comparable bucks in weight and antler size to your second buck a 3.5 hours north of you.  they turned out to be 2.5 yrs old.

• 2 weeks later...

first pic looks like hes at least a 3.5... there could be a small chance hes 4.5, but that's anyone's guess. If the time stamp is correct, hes a pretty solid 3.5 for the time of year. I was down there 2 weeks ago and I still had chasing in one of my LI spots.

2nd pic looks 2.5 but you really cant see much of his body. Depending on when that second deer was shot, he could be run down from rutting activities..