Rockspek

What's in your smoker tonight?

On 6/1/2019 at 10:17 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

I've checked tops in canastota and Sherrill but none there. Will have to remember that when in Syr again.  Thanks.

Zip me your addy 

Country style pork ribs going in the MasterBuilt at NOON.Marinaded in a Beer herb mix for 24 hours.225 for abuot 4 hours also trying some smoked baked tators.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 5:05 PM, mowin said:

This came out fantastic... 

Turkey was Very tender and juicy. The filling was delicious.  

IMG_20190511_163819077.thumb.jpg.df176c7639ad47380073bc670eb6272e.jpg

where'd you find the recipe? that does look amazing.

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

On 5/26/2019 at 6:29 PM, chefhunter86 said:

Yea, it kills me cause I really want one but don’t want to spend the coin. 

this is america's mood in a nutshell haha.

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

33 minutes ago, Belo said:

where'd you find the recipe? that does look amazing.

I kinda took ideas from other recipes and stuff others have made on this  and other forums.  

I smoked pepper sticks on Sunday, left them in too long and didn't check on them enough. So now i have way over done p.sticks. Still edible but really dry. Just when i thought i had this smoker thing under control?

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Sad to say goodbye to an old time friend but hello to my new one. Got original one many years ago for Father’s Day. Use it all year round. It lived a happy life. New one from this Father’s Day. Who thought so many parts and crappy assembly directions were a good idea ?! 314f27ab2b2d9127731058648aadb614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Sad to say goodbye to an old time friend but hello to my new one. Got original one many years ago for Father’s Day. Use it all year round. It lived a happy life. New one from this Father’s Day. Who thought so many parts and crappy assembly directions were a good idea ?! 314f27ab2b2d9127731058648aadb614.jpg

Which model is that?  Iv got a birthday coming up and the baby wants to buy me something.

Keep us posted on how you like it!

Its the old man model, sits taller so his old self don't need to bend over as far!! lol

JK TF looks like a lotta good food is gonna get it!

• Like 2

Which model is that?  Iv got a birthday coming up and the baby wants to buy me something.
Keep us posted on how you like it!

Wife ordered from Home Depot/ had delivered there and picked it up After how inexpensive first one was and longevity you can’t convince me a Weber at 3x the coin would be any better. I used it a ton. 9d14d4c0e2acc890bba6b8b97e71f170.jpg

• Like 2

Sad to say goodbye to an old time friend but hello to my new one. Got original one many years ago for Father’s Day. Use it all year round. It lived a happy life. New one from this Father’s Day. Who thought so many parts and crappy assembly directions were a good idea ?! 314f27ab2b2d9127731058648aadb614.jpg&key=265916b2be258ca66ae69c620d5795fbb072128342c2d0b689d080ef80a40616

Good luck with her...seems like those directions were made for me.

Good luck with her...seems like those directions were made for me.

You are a crappy fella

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Smoked a turkey breast.  Was done at 2.5 hours.  Was thinking it would be more like 4.  Marinated it in Chiavettas for a couple days prior. 

IMG_20190705_135809509.jpg

• Like 3

68lb piggy injected, and on ice. Firing up the pit around 6am.  Cooking this one butterflied, with apple and maple.  

More pics to come.  

IMG_20190705_145932760.jpg

• Like 3

Pig went on @ 6:45.  Cruising along at 225°

My wife wants to name it 

" Beto o'pork".   Lol.

Trying to come up with something better with other "candidates" .

IMG_20190706_064753974.jpg

• Like 5

Have a couple butts going on the smoker this morning ... kids and grandkids  coming over tonight  for supper.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Mowin, THAT'S A SMOKER!!

Thanks.  It's a Bubba grills out of Georgia.  

• Like 1

Well, you'll have to trust me that the hog came out fantastic.  Severe t-storms made things challenging, and I wasn't able to get any finished pics.  

Everyone loved the pork. Another successful cook.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mowin said:

Well, you'll have to trust me that the hog came out fantastic.  Severe t-storms made things challenging, and I wasn't able to get any finished pics.  

Everyone loved the pork. Another successful cook.  

I didn't get my invitation...Must have got lost in the mail...<<sigh>>...

50 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I didn't get my invitation...Must have got lost in the mail...<<sigh>>...

Huh, I thought I put a stamp on it... 

• Haha 1

Pork butts came out ok . Not the greatest. Next smoker will be an offset smoker . Think I would like something different than  the masterbuilt  electric I have. I struggle in the summer to get smoke  at lower temps .  Electric element is thermostat  generates cook heat and smoke . Hits temp and shuts off killing smoke . Tried the slow smoker accessory  . Gravity fed with chips . Chips get stuck in the tube and stops smoking ... pain in the rear.  Family  liked it though. Constant tinkering made for a long day.  Smoker works best between 40 and 70 degrees outside temp.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Pork butts came out ok . Not the greatest. Next smoker will be an offset smoker . Think I would like something different than  the masterbuilt  electric I have. I struggle in the summer to get smoke  at lower temps .  Electric element is thermostat  generates cook heat and smoke . Hits temp and shuts off killing smoke . Tried the slow smoker accessory  . Gravity fed with chips . Chips get stuck in the tube and stops smoking ... pain in the rear.  Family  liked it though. Constant tinkering made for a long day.  Smoker works best between 40 and 70 degrees outside temp.

Tracker, have you tried the a-maze-n pellet tray? It was invited for electric smokers because of the issue you describe.   There's also the tube that I believe works better than the tray.   I use the tube in my pellet grill all the time, as the pellet grill alone has a very light smoke profile.