They work good

Rick Howard

Aluminum calls are one of the best surfaces. Used one from another maker 2 times since I had it. One longbeard one Jake both taken by youth hunters.

A dif aluminum by same maker resulted in my younger daughter spooking bird in range by trying to swat bug away. Older daughter had gun up n ready to shoot when this happened. Aluminum works. Could tell you stories all day long about the surface.

Seems to make em gobble when they really didn't want to

Edited by Bowguy 1
  • Like 1

Dif types of aluminum. Not sure what Rick uses. There's anondized, sometimes called slick aluminum. That can slip n cause bad notes. You can chalk striker for grip or scotch brite it. Raw aluminum which Id use scotch brite on, have a call with this new stoned aluminum. Runs great. Looks almost flaky but eventually gotta also be conditioned w scotch brite.

Bead blasted is imo the easiet of em all since it cleans only w alcohol swab, tends to run damp m not be very fussy.

Aluminum is prob my most used surface, BUT get a good one. Have seen good made by a factory yet though it is possible. Just a fyi so someone doesn't run out n grab the first bargain call they can find n realize it's squeally