Opinion on Sportsman's Guide

BKhunter

Just trying to get everyone's view on the sportsman's guide. Is it worth becoming a member has anyone had any bad experiences with this company? Looks like they some good deals on stands and trail cameras that I was interested in but wanted to see how they are with customer service in case I am not happy with the products.

2 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I've been dealing with them practically since day one , no issues that I have ever had .

In your opinion is the membership worth it? Do you prefer them over cabelas and other stores?

Edited by BKhunter

Unless you buy quite a bit from them , it's not worth it to pay for membership . I think they give you 10 percent off for a member purchase . If you buy a lot , it is worth the price of membership . Membership is a yearly cost also . You have to re-up and pay each year . The coupons they give you are for a short time also . 

2 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Unless you buy quite a bit from them , it's not worth it to pay for membership . I think they give you 10 percent off for a member purchase . If you buy a lot , it is worth the price of membership . Membership is a yearly cost also . You have to re-up and pay each year . The coupons they give you are for a short time also . 

exactly!

Membership costs are minimal, and after getting a discount on items you buy, you will get your money back on savingsin short time. I also shop at Cabela's as well, along with Gander Mountain, etc. They do beat out others on price on some items. Go for it!!!

I stopped doing a membership after the safe act , I have bought a lot of ammo in the past and there was some great member deals . Now I just order based on emails and sales flyer . Much like Cabelas , each has deals that pertain to your needs .You can't go wrong with them .

I have done business with the Sportsman Guide for many years, as for the membership fee it is easily recouped with one decent order. On common run of the mill outdoor sporting goods that other dealers carry their prices are pretty much the same as everyone else. Where this outfit really shines is with factory close outs, discontinued items and factory seconds along with military surplus merchandise. If the need is there a huge chunk of change can be saved by a smart shopper when this stuff comes up for sale. The stuff I have purchased has always been as advertised and worked out fine for me, never had to send anything back so I can not comment on customer service.

Al

Edited by airedale

I have bought things from there for many years. I pick and choose-usually buy things that I am familiar with that they have on sale. Picked up a Browning Hydro fleece parka for $130-they had sold for years for $300 and never seen them on sale.

Will

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/hunting-gear~d~32/?osid=hp-3.0-_-080916

I like to buy locally made stuff when I can, there are some pretty good makers of things near us here, from boots to guns to saddles to tents

Sierra is a Wyoming grown company and while a lot of their products are china made that's more a reflection on the American consumer than on them as a company.

Sale prices are really hard to beat.

Whatever happened to Campmor? they used to have really cheap stuff in their catalog sales. I haven't gotten a catalog from them in decades. I bet 25years.

2 minutes ago, slickrockpack said:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/hunting-gear~d~32/?osid=hp-3.0-_-080916

I like to buy locally made stuff when I can, there are some pretty good makers of things near us here, from boots to guns to saddles to tents

Sierra is a Wyoming grown company and while a lot of their products are china made that's more a reflection on the American consumer than on them as a company.

Sale prices are really hard to beat.

Whatever happened to Campmor? they used to have really cheap stuff in their catalog sales. I haven't gotten a catalog from them in decades. I bet 25years.

Yea I've used them before. Bought a pair of light weight merino wool long johns. Good for those first cool days but after that need something warmer.