Coming Soon.................

Lawdwaz

5 minutes ago, Wildcats160 said:

Oddly, Law, those pictures make me happy.  I'm sick of summer.  Fishing is fun and all, but I'll take the snow to the heat any day of the week.  Plus its an excuse to let me beard get unruly without my wife getting on my case. 

Are you living in Rochester now?

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Are you living in Rochester now?

Split the difference.  I lived in Webster last year, but my wife took a job in Buffalo and I still have a year of working in Rochester, so we're currently in Batavia.  Hoping to be back in Buffalo next summer depending on the job situation.  

• Like 1

Removing the mower deck, chaining the tires on the tractor, mounting the back-blade, and pushing some snow around once in a while is absolutely a hassle. I'd much rather be in Florida; where I live in A/C air 24/7, have to fill sandbags now and then, put plywood over my windows whenever there's a storm, unhook the boat from the trailer in my garage so that it floats when I need to escape...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We should have an ice fishing rendezvous this year, that should be an easy setup

When it comes to hunting & fishing, there isn't much I haven't done at least once...........

Then there's ice fishing.  Never done it but want, no, NEED to do it.

So if we did catch a bunch of ice, what do we do with it?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Put more wood in the stove and then use it to mix drinks.^_^

Yup , right in the beer cooler. 

And I'll admit to ice fishing a couple of times and enjoying it. 

Got bit by a dog who's owner didn't have it on a leash and dropped one of those tiny jigging rods down the hole. Good memories :rolleyes:. FYI. It's difficult to fish afterwards without said little jigging rods 

• Like 3

Years ago I'd get together with four friends to do the annual 'Tenderloin Trip'. It was an ice-fishing gig on Sodus Bay where everyone brought grills, venison, corn-on-the-cob, chili, clam chowder, and even Dinty Moore beef stew. Standing all day on frozen water can be a lot of fun if you do it right.

• Like 4