Surprised to see this guy

fasteddie

Surprised to see this guy out with a crossbow . When I 1st spotted this guy he was about 300 yards away at the end of the field . He came within 200 yards and ducked into the wooded area . I spotted him a few other times and almost called to him as he didn't appear to know I was in the stand . I thought he was smoking an E-Cig until the wind changed and I could smell the stinking Cigarello . Took a few pics .

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

My guess is that he's getting ready for this weekend and out shooting his x bow and scouting. He does'nt hunting with a vertical bow so this is his pre season. Just a guess though.

Love his shirt too - "My momma says I'm special"

Edited by Zem18

40 minutes ago, Zem18 said:

My guess is that he's getting ready for this weekend and out shooting his x bow and scouting. He does'nt hunting with a vertical bow so this is his pre season. Just a guess though.

Love his shirt too - "My momma says I'm special"

Would be a good guess except you don't pre season scout with your bow do you? Looks like he was out to scout but also would have taken a deer if he could. 

52 minutes ago, zag said:

Haha what a dink, someone who also has permission?

No idea who he is .... There are 6 of us that have permission . 3 of us hunt bow season . Another guy , his wife and daughter hunt during gun season . I am guessing this is a local . 

Scouting with a weapon out of legal season?? Doesn't x-bow open the 5th? I could be wrong as I don't pay much attention to the laws for xbows. These pics just support my theory of xbows creating even lazier hunters. This guy is a slob. Probably some idiot who walked into Dicks and decided he was gonna be a hunter and bought himself a xbow and hit the woods. Not a stitch of camo on to boot. He should of saved his money and bought a gym membership instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Scouting with a weapon out of legal season?? Doesn't x-bow open the 5th? I could be wrong as I don't pay much attention to the laws for xbows. These pics just support my theory of xbows creating even lazier hunters. This guy is a slob. Probably some idiot who walked into Dicks and decided he was gonna be a hunter and bought himself a xbow and hit the woods. Not a stitch of camo on to boot. He should of saved his money and bought a gym membership instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can hunt small game with a crossbow.

He could be after any number of a variety of critters that AREN'T deer.

Maybe he just brought it along so he didn't piss off any bowhunters in the area blasting bushytails with his shotgun.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, wooly said:

You can hunt small game with a crossbow.

He could be after any number of a variety of critters that AREN'T deer.

Maybe he just brought it along so he didn't piss off any bowhunters in the area blasting bushytails with his shotgun.

Yeah ........ I'll bet that was it.....lol

• Like 1

I agree with wooly...he's not in camo...he's not caring a back pack with knife or rope or anything. We shouldn't go around thinking the worst of everyone. For all we know he has field tips on. If he's trespassing that's a whole different story. If not. To me looks like he's just enjoying his walk like I do all summer with my shotgun or 22

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

I agree with wooly...he's not in camo...he's not caring a back pack with knife or rope or anything. We shouldn't go around thinking the worst of everyone. For all we know he has field tips on. If he's trespassing that's a whole different story. If not. To me looks like he's just enjoying his walk like I do all summer with my shotgun or 22

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

"Field Tips" are a little misleading of a name for their application.  They're the last thing I'd be walking around with and plinking........

Back before I moved into town, I used to hike 5 to 7 miles  four or five days per week.

When it was warm I generally wore shorts and a t-shirt

I nearly always carried a slung centerfire rifle, either  an M1 Garand or a K98K Mauser. I  always went armed and preferred to carry a rifle rather than a handgun because I felt carrying a 10 pound rifle increased the workout.

I wonder how many people saw me and thought that I was up to no good.?

• Like 5

I see a lot of guys without backtags even during the regular season. Probably the least of my concerns.

He could have a quiver full of 4 blade Muzzy's for all I care as well. Who am I to tell anyone what head they should choose to kill small game with. Everything from squill size critters to 40lb yotes is open now, so who knows what he's using.

Doc will put his anti x-bow spin on every topic that pops up with one in it, just to get everyone thinking his way. As I said..., I read the regulations book, and there's NOTHING in there that that makes you a deer poaching suspect by carrying a x-bow afield right now.

There's also no dress code, body shape, or physical fitness level you need to maintain to hunt ANY animal in the book either.

• Like 9