Wind!

growalot

I'll say it's windy...It has cleared part of the driveway. When I was out on a slow stalk the trees were snapping and falling all over.....widow makers galore coming down and one broke the railing on the blind I was in...that was when I called it a morning. I'm not to sure it's worth the risk going out this afternoon. Snowing and 20-30 mph sustained winds  with 50mph gusts...and that's no joke I believe they are! Ma nature's cleaning house again...Wish she wouldn't leave her cleaning piles on my trails...

Edited by growalot

Monday's not looking any better.....

4:00 am27 °F12 °F21 °F79%Snow Showers67%< 1 in    23 mph WNW100%29.71in

5:00 am26 °F12 °F21 °F79%Snow Showers59%< 1 in    22 mph WNW100%29.72in

6:00 am26 °F11 °F20 °F79%Snow Showers64%< 1 in    23 mph WNW100%29.73in

7:00 am25 °F10 °F20 °F79%Snow Showers66%< 1 in    24 mph WNW100%29.74in

8:00 am25 °F10 °F19 °F77%Snow Showers59%< 1 in    24 mph WNW100%29.76in

9:00 am26 °F11 °F19 °F73%Snow Showers50%< 1 in    25 mph WNW99%29.77in

10:00 am27 °F13 °F19 °F72%Snow Showers44%< 1 in   22 mph WNW100%29.78in

11:00 am28 °F14 °F20 °F71%Snow Showers43%< 1 in   22 mph WNW100%29.78in

12:00 pm29 °F16 °F19 °F67%Snow Showers44%< 1 in  22 mph WNW100%29.78in

I was joking of course with the "fun" part of it.............I heard a loud crashing during the heavy winds and saw the power lines about 40 yards away shaking violently and all the snow coming off them.  After the 20 second blizzard of snow coming off the tree I saw something that wasn't there seconds before.  I cleaned the snow off my binos and glassed a tree across the seasonal driveway that parallels the driveway.  After a I climbed down from the stand I took a walk over to check it out.  Turns out it was two trees, the top of the one brushed the power line but fortunately didn't pull them down.  I snapped a quick pic and beat feet...........

IMG_5369_zpsoixfy81g.jpg

• Like 1

The wind was gusting and making my tree stand sway pretty bad Saturday afternoon, it wasn't a fun sit.. I opted to still hunt on the ground this am and will sit on the ground tomorrow. It's just too windy to be up in a tree stand.  I guess the deer are hunkered down pretty good with all this wind. I didn't see many today, very few hunters out and didn't hear much shooting. That was the quietest opening weekend I've ever seen by far.

Here's where I will sitting tomorrow looking onto the 1.5 acre food plot. I'll be out of the elements and it's all insulated. There is a group of about 7 or 8 does that will need to feed and there was a buck with them last night. Hoping his big brother comes around tomorrow.

fullsizeoutput_4e4.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4e5.jpeg

• Like 5

Last night was real windy, and with snow on the ground it made great still hunting conditions. And perfect conditions to sit over the cut corn. Everything but what i wanted to harvest showed up in the corn lol.  

I love gun hunting weather like this. Though the winds could calm down some for sure. As grow said trees and branches were falling everywhere. On my way back to the car i followed my tracks which had a buck walking in them as well, right back to my vehicle lol ended up being the little 4pt my wife calls "Buddy"