What bow has sparked your interest?

monahmat

Now that the 2017 lineups are out I'm curious to hear what everyone is shooting now and what they want to take for a test drive?

I'm currently shooting an Elite Synergy. I'd like to pickup a second rig for 3D with a little more speed. Hoping to try out the new Elite Revol, Bowtech Reign and Prime Centergy.

• 4 weeks later...

I shot the Halon 32 last weekend. I was very impressed with how smooth it was. Also shot Elite Option 7 which was dead on the shot. I'd have a hard time deciding between the two. Evolve is next up on my list to shoot. I'd like to try that Prime Centergy but there are no dealers within a couple hours of me.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a Halon 6 that I got last year and love this bow.  But this forum has a huge Elite following that has me intrigued. I shot an elite when I bought my Halon just wasn't that impressed. It had so much let off I felt like I had to push the string after pulling the release. I'd like to look into a target bow but just not in the cards at this time.

8 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I have a Halon 6 that I got last year and love this bow.  But this forum has a huge Elite following that has me intrigued. I shot an elite when I bought my Halon just wasn't that impressed. It had so much let off I felt like I had to push the string after pulling the release. I'd like to look into a target bow but just not in the cards at this time.

Find yourself a used Elite Pure for a target rig . You won't be disappointed. 

I'm a bit like Grampy, my Reflex is about 10 years old, before that I used my Golden Eagle for 18 years . im not sure what a new bow can do for me .

Although if I retire this May, I may try out a  traditional bow for something to do .

• Like 3

I am shooting a 2016 Elite Spirit and 2016 elite Impulse 31. I still haven't bought -any 2017 yet but I most likely will grab two in the next month or so.

Here is what's on my list, in no order
2016 Elite Energy 32
New Breed Gx2
Elite Emerge / impression
BowTech reign 7
PSE Evolve 31

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Larry302 said:

I'm a bit like Grampy, my Reflex is about 10 years old, before that I used my Golden Eagle for 18 years . im not sure what a new bow can do for me .

Although if I retire this May, I may try out a  traditional bow for something to do .

Good, I will have someone to shoot with.  We can do some 300 NFAA shooting a few nights a week.  When you can score 240s plus regularly, the deer better be nervous!

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Larry...... I thought the same thing...until I started looking...then bought my Mission  Venture 4 years ago....what a difference!

Oh ya, after 18 years with the Golden Eagle , (I think '88 till 2006 or so )  I saw a big differance in size and weight of bows and I was no,longer shooting 2117 telephone poles. I could also use a drop away rest to see what the fuss was about . The Reflex shot much flatter which was cool , although , I've only shot one deer at25 yards and that was with the Golden Eagle .... Most are shot at ~15yards or less . 

So what would  i gain today ? Easier to draw and hold ? Big sticker for the back windshield of the Buick ?

Moog, yes and my buddy out West will be happy I removed the training wheels from my bow too !

we'll talk I need to match the poundage to my shoulders I think .

The whole " stick and string " thing is starting to appeal to me . I may even plant some Yew trees and flint knap some heads .....

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Larry302 said:

Oh ya, after 18 years with the Golden Eagle , (I think '88 till 2006 or so )  I saw a big differance in size and weight of bows and I was no,longer shooting 2117 telephone poles. I could also use a drop away rest to see what the fuss was about . The Reflex shot much flatter which was cool , although , I've only shot one deer at25 yards and that was with the Golden Eagle .... Most are shot at ~15yards or less . 

So what would  i gain today ? Easier to draw and hold ? Big sticker for the back windshield of the Buick ?

Moog, yes and my buddy out West will be happy I removed the training wheels from my bow too !

we'll talk I need to match the poundage to my shoulders I think .

The whole " stick and string " thing is starting to appeal to me . I may even plant some Yew trees and flint knap some heads .....

Go ilf and you can get light practice limbs and then medium weight hunting limbs. Would be fun!

I been shooting a Mathews Drenalin since 2009 set at 60#. Love the bow and actually hope I don't regret the change. I'm not getting any younger so stepped up to the pump and got a Mathews Halon 6 - 60#. The reason is at 63, 64 this season I wanted a bow with more speed. I plan to shoot the new bow at 60# this year but know that the older I get the less I will be able to draw back so the new bow at 55# will be still faster then the Drenalin. 

40 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

Has anyone seen the BOW BUBBLE article in Field & Stream? Anyone shoot a Mission, Diamond or one of the other brands that are from the less expensive sister company's?

Ya I read it on bowhunting.com the mission line is a good line of bows