Finally bought one...

Grizz1219

Always loved Damascus steel knives, always wanted one... Last year hinted to my kids and wife I wanted one for Fathers day.... Nope.. they didn't take the hint... sooo.... Been watching this guy out of Idaho post pics of his on Face Book... he posted some "African Hunters" as he called them... I talked to him... We made the deal.. so I got myself one... Love the feel of the rams horn grip, feels like it was made for my hand... Love the blade as well... Anyone else love these???? 

damas1.jpg

damas2.jpg

damas3.jpg

Edited by Grizz1219
  • Like 12

I don't think you could get your finger down in there to cut yourself but understand your concern on them.. LOL

Wanted a "family heirloom" I can hand down to my grand children.. I was the first hunter in my family so I am starting a tradition I hope that lasts... 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Grizz1219 said:

I don't think you could get your finger down in there to cut yourself but understand your concern on them.. LOL

Wanted a "family heirloom" I can hand down to my grand children.. I was the first hunter in my family so I am starting a tradition I hope that lasts... 

Dang it, I'm out of likes!  It looks like a beauty to me!! Very nice indeed!  I too, hope you use it. As it will never make memories tucked away in a safe. And with the heirlooms that we hand down to our loved ones, aren't we really passing along memories? 

• Like 1

Super cool knife, fer sure! Like the Damascus blade, but also like the added touch of the file work on the back of the blade within the handle area! Don't you have to maintain the blade to prevent corrosion? Kind of makes this a show piece rather than a functional knife...JMO!??! Very nice all the same!!! Almost TOO nice to get bloody. LOL

• Like 1

I have a few knives with the Gut Hook and don't use any of them . Don't care for the Gut Hook . I have a Gerber Metolius E-Z open that opens the deer up like using a zipper . Just a preference . As for the knife the OP posted , it' s a Beautiful knife and well made . 

Gerber-EZ-Open-Fixed-Blade-Gut-Skinning-Knife-Designed-by-Rick-Young-Outdoors

• Like 1