Need some advice...

tuckersdaddy

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

I'm going with fake news. every year animal sightings make there way on the web only to be proven as bs. 

I'm going with DEC released alligators to control the DEC released mountain lions to control the DEC released coyotes.  But that's just my opinion ^_^

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I'm going with DEC released alligators to control the DEC released mountain lions to control the DEC released coyotes.  But that's just my opinion ^_^

And they've all been deliberately released in a covert attempt to control the capyberas.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Tim said:

It's not unheard of around here. Back in 2001, a caiman was taken out of Scajaquada Creek in Buffalo.

Here's the story: http://staugustine.com/stories/071401/new_0714010054.shtml#.WXZgToTythE

This one could be a pet that someone dumped when it got too big.

I think i remember  that. Didnt we send it to Miami or some zoo in florida with a bunch of bills stickers on the crate??

• Like 2

A lot of people buy exotic pets thinking it'll be cool but then eventually the pet out grows them or they simply found out it was not how they imagine it would be so rather than put them in some kind of shelter, they think it's a smart idea to release them into the wild.

one time a guy that works for me was driving and reported that he saw some deer with crazy looking horns .  A farm had lost some fallow deer they were raising and they were running across a field.  They did actually catch them though.  And 2 years ago in Munnsville in Madison county a guy shot a buffalo.  It got loose from a ranch and no one could catch it.  Was around for months and on/off different farms in the area.  So a couple guys asked DEC if they could take it if they had the chance and they dropped it in deer season. it was in the paper.  Guess you never know what your going to see.....