Like what I see!!!!

WNY Bowhunter

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

That's how we determine a shooter in these parts.  More ticks the better.  

Do ya weigh em with ticks or without?  In some places, that could be a five or ten pound swing! 

I'm always amazed at the difference in bucks from the various regions of NYS!  WNY definitely has the edge on numbers of big racked bucks. But there are nice bucks throughout the state!  Weather you hunt for big racks, or just for meat, or for any legal deer.  I think most would agree, seeing a true monarch of the woods is always a privilege and a thrill.

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Do ya weigh em with ticks or without?  In some places, that could be a five or ten pound swing! 

I'm always amazed at the difference in bucks from the various regions of NYS!  WNY definitely has the edge on numbers of big racked bucks. But there are nice bucks throughout the state!  Weather you hunt for big racks, or just for meat, or for any legal deer.  I think most would agree, seeing a true monarch of the woods is always a privilege and a thrill.

We only target mature ticks.   10lbs minimum. 

• Like 1

Hell ya good ones there! That drop tine buck would keep me up at night for sure lol. Just think about the ones your not even seeing yet! Your in for a good season buddy. Only chance I have of tagging a drop tine is the 2 weeks I'll be in Nebraska, before I go and after I get back my chances are slim to none haha.

Ok, so you guys that are covered up in huge bucks have just killed off any excuses or reasons not to take one of them this year. I expect a lot of "hero pics" this fall with some of these bucks we are seeing pictured here.

Ha-ha-ha .... Just kidding. I know how those monsters disappear when the season rolls around.

On 8/15/2017 at 2:17 PM, WNY Bowhunter said:

He was even nice enough to check out my cam yesterday evening during daylight hours!!! Looks like an awesome 3 year old...

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

He's nice but seems young.  The 10 with the giant brow tines would be my first choice but all are beautiful bucks!! :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nybigbuck said:

He's nice but seems young.  The 10 with the giant brow tines would be my first choice but all are beautiful bucks!! :)

He's definitely young. That 10 is a great deer but I think I am going to focus on another buck on this property. I'm going to move my field cams to potential stand spots very soon hoping to narrow in on this guy's bedding - feeding movement. 

20170810_144352.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

He's definitely young. That 10 is a great deer but I think I am going to focus on another buck on this property. I'm going to move my field cams to potential stand spots very soon hoping to narrow in on this guy's bedding - feeding movement. 

20170810_144352.jpg

Never mind score, that guy is a tank and no doubt mature!

41 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

20170810_144352.jpg

That 6 is sweet, almost like a Muley. I bet he cracks 100" as a 6!

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That 6 is sweet, almost like a Muley. I bet he cracks 100" as a 6!

he easily breaks 100".   18" inside, g1s 9," g2s 8",= 17/side=34",  21" main beams x 2=42" ,  42+34+18= 94"s before 8 mass measurements.  im shooting no matter what he would score.  put him down wny bowhunter!    

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dmandoes said:

he easily breaks 100".   18" inside, g1s 9," g2s 8",= 17/side=34",  21" main beams x 2=42" ,  42+34+18= 94"s before 8 mass measurements.  im shooting no matter what he would score.  put him down wny bowhunter!    

Think your numbers are pretty close (I'd give him a 19" spread). With 28" mass = 123ish gross. 

It's not about the score, I just like him...

• 4 months later...