Last Years Buck

grampy

My buck from last years firearms season, Nov. 18th. Just got it back yesterday.  Did the scull myself and had a friend of my hunting partner, do the camo dip. I really like it! Went with oak in the snow, as that is how it was, when I was lucky enough to get him. Now to think of a unique way to mount him.  Hmmmmm.  Got a couple of ideas.20170824_162503.jpg20161122_163946.jpgIMG_13161.jpg20170824_162442.jpg

Edited by grampy
  • Like 20

50 minutes ago, wooly said:

Cool man!

Can't wait to see how you mount it up!

Going to poke around in the barn, to see what I can find. And I still have a couple 200+ year old boards, from the old homestead on the farm.  May even PM you for advice, it I decide to get the dremal fired up! 

• Like 2

i know some have strong opinions against use of trail cams but i always wanted to mount one with wood backer much wider so i can router in room to frame a trail cam picture off to the side.  i mean it's cool to see the deer and how it appeared alive on the hoof!  or better yet a group "trophy" picture.  call me an insensitive a**hole, but trophy pictures with others remind me of memories and not blood lust or un-pure and evil QDM practices. haha

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Looks great! If you can find some old weathered planks from a barn I would put some of those together as a plaque. Maybe add some barbed wire to it, and if you have the casing of the round you took the deer with Id add it to that.

That is almost exactly, how I did the one from the previous year.  I made a post on it a year or so ago. I'd pull up the link, but I'm at work.

• Like 1

Weathered wood and barbed wire is very commen , this guy made it unique .

Could always use an old Genny Cream Ale can instead of wire as they're more commonly found in the woods.

image.jpg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Looks great! If you can find some old weathered planks from a barn I would put some of those together as a plaque. Maybe add some barbed wire to it, and if you have the casing of the round you took the deer with Id add it to that.

20160409_180112.jpg

• Like 2