Mid 80's this weekend!!! UGH!!

Iluvracks1359

It's absurd. Freezing august and then this. I was going to do camping this weekend but I have no interest in sweating while camping. I like AC too much, so cancelling it.

I'll be out opening day and each weekend thereafter except if it's raining. Sitting in a tree stand when it's raining is too miserable to bother with.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

you can't get sick from rain, only from germs.

But you can definitely get sick of the rain!

I won't say never, and in fact I have tried some still hunting including last year in heavy rain, but only because it was early season and pretty warm out. Don't have a clue why I thought I could still hunt with a bow. Anyway, when I'm in my warm bed and it's raining out and dark it requires an almost super human effort to get out of bed and know that in a short while I'll be hiking out in that nasty stuff.

• Like 3

I'll be out the first no matter what. I look forward to that day all year and nothing short of a natural disaster will stop me. I have too much water to pattern based off of a water source but will for sure hunt one of the known creek crossings on a warm day. I was kinda planning on hunting the creek bottom opening morning any way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:23 PM, Iluvracks1359 said:

So, I have been seeing some great movement on my cameras over the past few weeks, and I really credit that to the mild weather we have been having. They are forecasting mid - high 80,s this weekend and into the middle of next week, at that point we are ONE WEEK from opening day. Is this a reason for concern as far as opening day goes? I'm praying for the mild weather to come back by the first... heres to hopin!

Oct 1st still seems early to me, but opening day is what it is...go for it. I will wait until mid-late Oct before heading out.

would like some rain for the plots other then that i will just wait till temps drop... not so much against hunting when its warm but trying to keep the meat from spoiling is a pain at camp with no fridge, and  i dont like butchering the same day, and i do all my own butchering

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Merlot said:

Oct 1st still seems early to me, but opening day is what it is...go for it. I will wait until mid-late Oct before heading out.

I agree, it is early, however I've only seriously bow hunted for the past two years and for about the first two weeks of bow season the woods are pretty active, and then you come into the "October lull" where it seems like the only thing moving through the woods is squirrels. Then of course  end of October through early November is the time to go get em! :paladin:

• Like 1

This weather is bunk...I have 2 ladder stands to set and other fall junk to do, put the boat away 10 days ago and I was gonna go north for the 27th opener but it's gonna be hot as hell then too.

I had a crappy attitude today because of this "great weather" but then I got this surprise in the mail:

IMG_0386.JPG

Dmap for my lease...sweet!

• Like 2

Well once I get out of work in the morning I'm headed to Lowe's to pick up a new pole saw to finish trimming up a couple stands. Need to move my ladder stand as well. Ladder stand will most likely be my opening morning spot. It will be back into the woods a ways near a small pond/water hole in a creek bottom with oaks on one side and thick pine/swamp on the other. Hope to catch them coming out of the swamp to water and feed on the already dropping acorns before heading out into the fields when the sun goes down

1 minute ago, Belo said:

it is kind of funny that those who procrastinated are dealing with this. I like to get this stuff done early and get out and let it settle. I know we're all really busy but man these last 2 weekends have been brutal for stand prep.

We put one up yesterday. Managed to combine hot weather with waiting until a week out so that the area can get soaked with chinese metal fabrication stank and something new for the deer to be spooked by, lol