Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I hope this buck hangs out until this afternoon. Here he is this morning under an apple tree that is usually loaded with scrape's under it that is about 60 yards from the stand I will be in this afternoon. I wish he had been a bit more photogenic.

13505.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, biggamefish said:

True that, that's why I won't say anything. When gun opens and there is someone posted up not to far I bet he won't be to happy!

Gotta play the game. I have a spot like that they come right out of the corner of our field and head towards him. On numerous occasion I had small bucks going towards them but my wind blew them off.I could watch him stand up and get ready then the deer runs off the other direction. Also when I grab my rattling antlers and start bashing them he grabs his bleat can and goes nuts.

"Bikinis to Bucks: Turning on a Dime" - An adventure in Biz's Biz-R-OWorld.

Haha. My boss calls me “Tommy 9-5” because he knows what I’m like outside of work is the complete opposite of what I am in the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Got just under 1/2 inch of rain here from 5 till 630 radar cleared so I beat feet for a strip mine highwall. About 50 foot above a narrow pinch point between the wall and the creek.
The youngsters are on their feet 7 small bucks so far and 14 doe.
Not sure how long it will last as the fog just rolled in off the river and visibility is about 10 feet.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got just under 1/2 inch of rain here from 5 till 630 radar cleared so I beat feet for a strip mine highwall. About 50 foot above a narrow pinch point between the wall and the creek.
The youngsters are on their feet 7 small bucks so far and 14 doe.
Not sure how long it will last as the fog just rolled in off the river and visibility is about 10 feet.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

7 bucks in 1 morning? Sweet baby jesus

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sat most of the day wednesday in the near perfect conditions and didnt' see a deer. My dad sits a stand in the same group of pines about 500' from the stand i was in 70* temps last night and drills a beauty 10. I don't like posting other people's kills so I wont, but man... sometimes it's hard to be happy for others haha. In my defense he's retired and shoots a mounter almost every year now.

• Like 5

Sat most of the day wednesday in the near perfect conditions and didnt' see a deer. My dad sits a stand in the same group of pines about 500' from the stand i was in 70* temps last night and drills a beauty 10. I don't like posting other people's kills so I wont, but man... sometimes it's hard to be happy for others haha. In my defense he's retired and shoots a mounter almost every year now.

It’s your Dad! Post the pic!

• Like 2

i'll post the non-hero pic... which isn't a great one.
005.thumb.JPG.81b892b615d7729906b2fe9e539bec1c.JPG

Great buck! My Dad is retired too. Between xbow/shotgun/ML, he will hunt like 30+ full days. No wonder why those old guys always kill a decent buck

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Great buck! My Dad is retired too. Between xbow/shotgun/ML, he will hunt like 30+ full days. No wonder why those old guys always kill a decent buck

I pick on my dad and tell him the reason he always gets so close to that one big buck ever year is because he doesn't snore.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Belo said:

Just the opposite with me and my dad, He gets pissed because I get 3 wall mounters to his 1. He is glad someone in the family gets the big guy walking around but a little bitter sweet either way.

• Like 1

Wishing I was out there right now but have a Dr appointment this afternoon and then out for last watch. Just unloaded a shipping container from India at work and the whole place smells like spoiled milk, baby diapers, and vomit. Maybe the stench will confuse a big buck later. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

This afternoon and tomorrow morning is going to be a good time to be in your stands. This coming week will be the best time to be out in the woods at least in my area. I have seen 1 real nice buck sticking around a doe not letting her get more than a few steps away.

• Like 1