Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Cool this morning. Climbing to 80 later. If anythi ngs around should passing through this hole here to stay cool and travel between couple close areas of hard mast trees. Also there's a licking branch right u see me with a cam I'll check on way out.28c544d0c1f7f60e50f2adcfe273560c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't think I got two hours of sleep last night.  Slept terrible. Left my house in 5R at 5am. Not a breath of wind. Got to my hunting spot in 4K and the wind is blowing like crazy. Nothing moving at all so far. Going to stick it out a couple of hours. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

I just won the STUPID award.   Had a solid 140" buck at 10yds quartering to and 3yds dead below me and never released an arrow.   I was drawn when he was below me and was very tempted.   He took off right after he passed me.  In hindsight I probably should have taken the quartering to shot.   It was a gift and I knew he was coming.  This one will haunt me for a long time I think.  

I was too cautious on this one for sure.  These opportunities don't come along that often.  

Not sure why I am posting other than to say take your first good shot.  Don't wait for the perfect shot. 

• Like 15

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

I just won the STUPID award.   Had a solid 140" buck at 10yds quartering to and 3yds dead below me and never released an arrow.   I was drawn when he was below me and was very tempted.   He took off right after he passed me.  In hindsight I probably should have taken the quartering to shot.   It was a gift and I knew he was coming.  This one will haunt me for a long time I think.  

I was too cautious on this one for sure.  These opportunities don't come along that often.  

Not sure why I am posting other than to say take your first good shot.  Don't wait for the perfect shot. 

I have done this before and kicked myself for not taking the shot. In the long run you might get another shot at him! Plus you didnt wound him on a bad shot and been really mad at yourself!!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You WILL be rewarded for your judgement................hopefully. :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I have done this before and kicked myself for not taking the shot. In the long run you might get another shot at him! Plus you didnt wound him on a bad shot and been really mad at yourself!!

Well I certainly didn't wound him.  Lol.  I should have shot.  Bad call on my part.  As I think about it now, even if he passed it would be a very hard quartering away.   I had him here fully drawn

IMG_1169.JPG

• Like 1

I will never fault any bow hunter who passes a quatering to shot. Even that close. For what that is worth.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Na ya did the right thing quatering to is always iffy with a arrow.. I lost a 10 pt I shot that way. You would feel way worse if you shot one and didnt recover vs not taking a questionable shot. I say good call, you might see him again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Nice work dum dum

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1