Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Ok it’s quiet, calm, cold and devoid of deer down on this end? There were fresh overnight tracks as always up by the house. Back here 2. Well it only takes one lol. I’ll sit for a while then poke around. The boy won’t get up to hunt in single digits!! Lol
Wait till he gets older and can enjoy the stillness.
We will get out later for his last sit if the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Here was my view this morning- couldn’t get site to work all day
284be72eff76b87d9d33b4944cf33be1.jpg&key=6bb277d9ac330399259f3614d4dd3138ec18f55969fd40c2f0f4a43340cd7291
Saw tracks, climbed quiet, saw $hit!!!!
Home by 11...sat with my daughter at an audition for a lead part in “the little mermaid” (send prayers!) and drive to Hingham, MA. $hitty “Italian” for dinner ($12 knob creek-WTF?!?) gearing up for the Yankees/Giant ribbing from the cousins tomorrow at the Mrs Family Christmas....I smell a sick day for next week!

Scarlet Oak in Hingham?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Still hunted all day yesterday, I jumped a really nice buck at 830 and was on him for a few hours never able to get a clean shot. I had a shot at 55 yards through some cover and just couldn't convince myself it was an ethical shot. Later I jumped two nice doe and dropped on in her tracks at 160 yards when they slowed. Awesome day in the woods! Got back to the truck and had 9 inches of fresh snow on it. 

• Like 11

Scarlet Oak in Hingham?

No that was Saturday morning in 3s before I made the drive to Hingham-did spot 2 bucks and three doe all together last night around the corner from the in laws though

Did some slow drives yesterday in the deep stuff. Man, I'm not as young as I used to be !! Was able to get my mentoree a deer though. He's been after em all year and hasn't scored. He's a nice kid and very eager to learn. I was real happy for him. His first muzzy kill too! I'll be after a big fatty tonight and prob hunt hard till Tues. Haven't done a morning sit since early gun. Gonna finish off Tues at the farm with dad.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

No that was Saturday morning in 3s before I made the drive to Hingham-did spot 2 bucks and three doe all together last night around the corner from the in laws though

I meant was the restaurant the Scarlet Oak in Hingham. My sister lives there

Will be going out at 1:30 today with a couple hunting buddies for the last hurrah of the season.

Yesterday was quite an adventure. Me and two hunting buddies decided to head down to West Valley/Ashford area at the end of the 219 to hunt. We were watching the weather Friday and Friday evening and thought it would be OK. Well, we were wrong. 18" on the ground and it was lake effect snow like crazy at 7:00 a.m. After a discussion, we decided to head up to Niagara county land to hunt. There was snow on the ground, and I was able to connect on my second muzzleloader deer in two days, a nice-sized doe, later Saturday morning. Story here in the muzzleloader harvest thread.

IMG_20171216_113631 - Copy_resized.jpg

• Like 13

Hunted yesterday morning and bumped one but no shot. Hoping to change my luck this afternoon. Heading out in about 30 minutes to do some walking. Have Monday and Tuesday off as well.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 2