Look what just arrived

moog5050

6 minutes ago, philoshop said:

250 grain!! I know you're a big guy Moog but what kinda bow are you drawing to propel those heads? :cheese:

48lbs - total arrow weight is 692g.  Slow (like 170fps) but deadly if I do my part.

Grow mocked my draw weight (not really) as she prefers 60lb recurves. 

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I used to have some Wenzel Woodsman  , now those were big !

I don't want to go with too big of a head as I am afraid on a less that stellar release, the BHs will cause the arrow to plane.  This is kind of a happy medium.

4 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Those things look like something made in metal shop class

CNC machined - then again, they may have those in metal shop by now.  When I took metal shop, I spot welded a lock together.  Wonder what happened to that?  It was only 35years ago.

23 hours ago, Core said:

Moog don't you also pull 82 lbs on a compound? I'm starting to like fixed. There is something pure about them.

I do have an 82lb compound.  I use 125g rage hypos with 300 axis FMJs cut to 28.5" for that bow. 

These are for my recurve.  Axis 260g full length arrows with 250g heads (although testing them last night I might drop to 200g) as they showed a bit weak.  My recurve is fast for 48lbs so it likes stiffer spine and I leave the arrows full length (34") which dramatically impacts dynamic spine  (if cut, 340s or 300s would work depending on point weight or even 400s if I dropped to 150g heads, but I like heavy with the recurve). 

• Like 1