How to keep your feet warm

KMurph332

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

The apex look nicer but not so suited for swamps which I need.    Guess I will try the titans.  $93 is cheap especially if they are waterproof and very warm.  

Im sure the titans are as good. Atleast from what i can see these boots are very well put together. I can only see using these guys in the late season or when its really cold out, the insulation in these boots are insanely thick and super comfortable. They also have a very good aggressive lug pattern for superior traction (which i need).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

The apex look nicer but not so suited for swamps which I need.    Guess I will try the titans.  $93 is cheap especially if they are waterproof and very warm.  

Swamps should be frozen by the time you're mucking around in these boots.  :)

• Like 1

My feet get cold quick even with Foot warmers or Toe warmers . 
Last season I made the mistake of putting on a pair of socks , then the toe warmers and then another pair of socks . Big mistake ! Burned the pads of my feet . Checked the directions and it said not to do that . I checked a bit too late . I had tried battery operated socks in the past --- no good . Maybe I need to get the big booties ! 
Thermacel. You won't regret

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

http://www.irishsetterboots.com/USD/product/hunting-boots/03888-snow-claw-xt-12-2000g

I have  a lighter pair of Irish setter Trail Phantom boots that are great until it gets below mid 20's. I bought a pair of the "Snow Claw" last year and freaking love em this year. Nice and dry and super warm so far whether up in  a tree or down on the ground, they're awesome.  Worth the $$$ IMO

On 11/23/2017 at 8:36 AM, KMurph332 said:

My feet always get cold.what do you guys use to keep your feet warm? I bring fresh pair of socks handwarmer and slippers it's just a pain to take your boots off and go threw the process. 

I used to have trouble keeping my feet warm, not now. I got a good pair of boots from Gander Mountain, they were like $150 but worth every penny. They are rated for like 40 below or something. My feet never get cold now, or even cool. I just were a pair of regular socks with a heavier pair over the top if the temperature gets below 20 degrees, if above 20 just a regular pair of socks.

I use thermacell and I also still use the toe warmers. I know they have new thermacell out so not sure how the remote is, mine has a No heat, Med and High. I use no heat till i get to my stand and i might wait an hour before i turn on. They are almost worthless if you turn on when your feet are cold.

Because of the thickness of them they didn't work in my old boots so i had to buy new boots

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 8:00 PM, NYBowhunter said:

The Baffin Apex boots just arrived. Im a size 10 1/2 and i got a size 12 boot and they are snug and  will fit perfect with one heavy sock. The boot seems very well made, insulation foam is super thick and they are very comfy. Not a boot you would walk around in all day, but definitely seems great for using on stand. Will test them out next weekend.

20171128_194822.jpg

20171128_194804.jpg

How are these boots?

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 8:22 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Mine came today also. 

I wear a size 12 and got 13. Good thing.....

image.jpg

Wore these space boots today and I'll add a couple things:

First, if you drive a Toyota Tacoma or similar smaller vehicle and there isn't much room between the pedals,  don't wear these clod hoppers while driving. Trust me......

Second, they were very warm this morning although I only sat from about 7:15  till 10:30 and it was 18* when I got to my spot.  My footing was pretty good too.  More comfortable than I expected.  Pretty good value IMO.

• Like 1

Total mind %@#& to stay in the stand all weekend with frozen feet.  Temps were too frosty.  Nothing worked, not even 1 toe warmer and 2 hand warmers on the inner sock.  Safe bet that I'll be checking out these Baffins and other boots recommended here.

On 12/13/2017 at 8:05 AM, Paula said:

How are these boots?

I have to say they are amazng,  worth every penny. I wore them last weekend of muzzleloader and had on just thin dress socks, the temps were 19 degrees and my feet were very warm. They are also very comfortable and offer excellent traction. The only downfall because they are a big boot is that they can be difficult to drive a car with them on., would definitely recommend putting them on once you get to your spot.

• Like 1