what NY trips do you have planned for 2018?

Robhuntandfish

The wife and I went to lake placid a few years ago in april ,it was still cold enough to go on the bobsled track with ice . We walked around the whole facility for a couple hours ,walked through the woods and saw some of the old track from the Olympics in 80s.

It’s an awesome little town. Hard to believe it hosted the Olympics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

It’s an awesome little town. Hard to believe it hosted the Olympics

I was amazed anyone would go down that old track on a Bob sled , it looks like an 18 inch deep concrete drainage ditch that goes into this massive corner I think called the wall. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I was amazed anyone would go down that old track on a Bob sled , it looks like an 18 inch deep concrete drainage ditch that goes into this massive corner I think called the wall. 

Boss just got back from there last night   Showed some pics of the 140 ' ski jump and said there were people there training for the Olympics   Tried to take gondola up Whiteface but they closed it as said blizzard up there .Clear ,sunny and no wind down below 

20 minutes ago, Dom said:

Can I hitch a ride to Wells?I'll sit and be very quite I won't ask if we are there yet and will pay for gas

Sure!................. 

Actually, we will be staying at the River Inn in Wells. Such a cool area, that we never tire of exploring. And the seafood is not too bad either!  We seek out the lighthouses, rocky beaches, back woods towns further inland, and of course Kittery Trading Post!

• Like 2

Nothing in NY.  I'm booking Spain for June.  Planning on Labor Day weekend at a friends place in Vermont.  My wife has to do a presentation in Greece in April.  I might try to take advantage and hop on a flight out there with her if we can find out how to off load the kids.

• Like 1

lake ontario for salmon and trout in rochester, dreamcatcher charters [ sorry about  plug but i love the guy. the hardest working capt i ever been with].It was so funny last summer i booked the hotel in rochester and the lady i was talking to said well we only have double beds.I said its ok theres four of us and i dont mind rubbing shoulders with anyone. She says well i guess its ok as long as your not rubbing anything else

I travel all over the state for dirt track races, demo derbies and fishing. These are mostly just going with the boys.

My wife and I will go out to Rochester in September for a bullriding where the riders are trying to make enough points to get to the world finals of the PBR. We also will go to a touring pro event in Elmira. It's funny, my wife absolutely hates all sports, but loves to go to bull riding.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

We do a week in a cabin at black lake . Love it up there . The fishing is awesome. Caught this up there a couple of years ago .

FB_IMG_1517269422098.jpg

wow! that puts the bullheads i use to catch in sullivan cty as a kid to shame i didnt know we had catfish that big in new york. Even in the hudson

Nothing in NY.  I'm booking Spain for June.  Planning on Labor Day weekend at a friends place in Vermont.  My wife has to do a presentation in Greece in April.  I might try to take advantage and hop on a flight out there with her if we can find out how to off load the kids.

I just booked Spain for August

Going up to Pulaski for Salmon and Steelhead my usual time. Ill probably going up to Saratoga springs for a couple days and hopefully actually get to do some fishing with grampy this time. Out side of NY Ill be going to Florida for spring break and hopefully Ill be going back to Europe where my family is from. Havent been back since 2015 so im itching to go back. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

Spent a week in Barcelona after a hunt.....

Best food ever, terrific folks and places to see. Like to see Madrid someday.

Jealous.^_^

We land in Madrid and then drive a few hours to Extremedura. We had an exchange student for a school year and now we are going to meet her family

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Going up to Pulaski for Salmon and Steelhead my usual time. Ill probably going up to Saratoga springs for a couple days and hopefully actually get to do some fishing with grampy this time. Out side of NY Ill be going to Florida for spring break and hopefully Ill be going back to Europe where my family is from. Havent been back since 2015 so im itching to go back. 

Yeah, we just couldn't get our schedules to line up last year!  But I'm really looking forward to trying again this year, up at Saratoga Lake!!  It's on!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

I'd like to finish hiking the ADK 46ers.  Stuck at 31/46 and need 4 or 5 trips to git r done.

My kids and I did Mt Joe last year, its the easiest one and we were wiped. I went on Facebook and see my cousin did 9 peaks THAT SAME DAY LOL. Hes one of these psychos that does 100 mile terrain runs and stuff like that

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My kids and I did Mt Joe last year, its the easiest one and we were wiped. I went on Facebook and see my cousin did 9 peaks THAT SAME DAY LOL. Hes one of these psychos that does 100 mile terrain runs and stuff like that

Mt. Jo is a great hike for kids.  Easy hike with awesome views up top.  God Bless those 'people' who love 100 mile endurance runs.  The rest of us mere mortals actually know what pain feels like! :haha:

• Haha 1