Dick

3 guns for the apocalypse

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Belo said:

see, this is on point! too many guys picking their old 870 and forget about bad boys like this. 

Will take an 870 over that any day.  Cause I can hunt anything from turkeys to ducks to deer. Good luck hunting with that.  

Unless your hunting canned goods in the grocery store.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Will take an 870 over that any day.  Cause I can hunt anything from turkeys to ducks to deer. Good luck hunting with that.  

Unless your hunting canned goods in the grocery store.  

The problem is weight  bulk with the shotgun ammo  or else I would say it would be the best all around .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd take a standard length AR with a 223 wylde chamber to handle both 5.56 ammo pressure and still maintain 223 ammo accuracy.  it'd have a scope and 45deg side mounted red dot for close in. i'm sure there will be a lot of it out there when crap goes down and i'd be able to use either.

i'd take my Sig Sauer P226 Elite Scorpion in 9mm, it's got all the features i need like short reset tuned trigger and night sights (minus the neutered capacity). i've got a ton of ammo. also same thing as the AR, 9mm will be everywhere.

i'd take my Ruger semi auto 22lr with red dot and open sights as a backup. i've got a bunch of mags and a speed loader for them.  quiet being a 22LR. I can hunt with it where the sound won't carry much. i can lay down a lot of fire with it too given how many mags i can have on me and how fast i can shoot it. honestly, anyone here is going to take cover from a 22LR same as any other bullet coming at you. being my NRA competition bullseye gun if you're peeking through a hole in something armored at close range you're still dead. also lots of 22LR ammo will be out there.

...gotta be able to make use of more than just what i can carry.  shotguns are nice but they'll be prevalent, low capacity, and heavy to carry for both weight of it and ammo.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to see a pattern to your topics, you're a prepper aren't you? Not that it's a bad thing, but guns would be my last worry when it comes to prepping.

Fuel, heat, food, water, and security would be my last priority. Until resources become scarce you will be fine then you will need some people killing guns. Better have a good stock of hand tools, saws, and fasteners. Lots of things you would need over a huge stockpile of guns and ammo. Not saying you won't need them but lots of other priorities when it comes to staying alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I'm starting to see a pattern to your topics, you're a prepper aren't you? Not that it's a bad thing, but guns would be my last worry when it comes to prepping.

Fuel, heat, food, water, and security would be my last priority. Until resources become scarce you will be fine then you will need some people killing guns. Better have a good stock of hand tools, saws, and fasteners. Lots of things you would need over a huge stockpile of guns and ammo. Not saying you won't need them but lots of other priorities when it comes to staying alive.

haha not at all. I was listening to a podcast at the gym yesterday "this american life". Specifically one of the latest episodes about words you can't say anymore. I highly recommend it. The second half is all about a pro-gun, glock carrying republican politician from Louisiana who tried to get a "no toy guns at school" bill passed. They aired a clip from a radio show where this thread topic question was asked.

I do have a bug out bag though. About $300 worth of supplies. Hell I don't even own a generator though. I guess I don't see how a topic on elk hunts and another on .44 mags makes me a prepper? In fact the whole stock market thread is me making fun of papsmear's non-perishable food collection.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if shit hit the fan i'd be staying put for a while most likely. i've got food, water, a whole house generator with fuel to last months if i had to, and thousands of rounds of ammo for most guns i own. it's not the most idea setup, but i'm alright. not a prepper. just ended up that way by coincidence.  if i need a bug out bag then things got so messed up i can't truthfully say i'd think things could ever get that bad.

  • Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the thing about B.O.B. Is they can  come in handy for non teotwawki events . Like say your house catches fire, or you go on vacation ( with bag) and a hurricane or other disaster strikes while you’re there.

I have a Day pack,that goes to,work with me and any trip,more then 50 miles away or so. I don’t call it a BOB  , just has handy items, if I end up in a jam.

First Aid, and tool kits, change of clothes ,charging cables and external battery ,cash,( and I also keep five one hundred dollar bills on me )scanned documents on a card,spare mag, and a host of other items .

if the house catches fire, the nuke plant down the road sounds their sirens , a rail car or tanker over turns and creates a haz mat, I m out  the door , and that bag has enough to,get me through a short period with some comfort  ,that’s all .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things got a little funky around here after hurricane sandy.I think someone even got shot or threatened to be shot at a gas station.Personally i don't think we'll ever see more the a few days of unrest,but that all depends on the catastrophe.

btw that kel-tec  shoots slugs pretty good you can load one side with slugs and the other with buck/bird shot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kel-Tec PMR-30 22 Magnum Semi-Auto Pistol

CZ 512 Tactical in same 22 mag

Sig P365 in 9mm with laser

One pack with 80 pounds of ammo! More hidden caches of ammo. I would also take over the Bass Pro, Cabella, Field and Stream or Runnings store and make it my stronghold lol.

 

Edited by Fletch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Kel-Tec PMR-30 22 Magnum Semi-Auto Pistol

CZ 512 Tactical in same 22 mag

Sig P365 in 9mm with laser

One pack with 80 pounds of ammo! More hidden caches of ammo. I would also take over the Bass Pro, Cabella, Field and Stream or Runnings store and make it my stronghold lol.

 

Can I help ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can I help ?

Yea we got a lotta windows/ doors to cover

 

One of the giant ones would be cool could fish the indoor stream and pond too lol

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fletch said:


Yea we got a lotta windows/ doors to cover lol!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK keep me. In the loop. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What apocalypse are we talking about? Another country invades, extraterrestrials invade, the US implodes and we have another Civil War, zombies. Or the big two, Nuclear, or the End Of Days talked about in the Book Of Revelations in the Bible?

Get your crap together Belo! What are we talking about here?

Edited by Rob...
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Well the thing about B.O.B. Is they can  come in handy for non teotwawki events . Like say your house catches fire, or you go on vacation ( with bag) and a hurricane or other disaster strikes while you’re there.

I have a Day pack,that goes to,work with me and any trip,more then 50 miles away or so. I don’t call it a BOB  , just has handy items, if I end up in a jam.

First Aid, and tool kits, change of clothes ,charging cables and external battery ,cash,( and I also keep five one hundred dollar bills on me )scanned documents on a card,spare mag, and a host of other items .

if the house catches fire, the nuke plant down the road sounds their sirens , a rail car or tanker over turns and creates a haz mat, I m out  the door , and that bag has enough to,get me through a short period with some comfort  ,that’s all .

I don't have a daily, but all 3 cars have the essentials sans firearms. If I had the chance, I'd hightail it to the adirondacks and the solar powered cabin. pretty isolated and everything we need to survive except food. and we can hunt that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Belo said:

haha not at all. I was listening to a podcast at the gym yesterday "this american life". Specifically one of the latest episodes about words you can't say anymore. I highly recommend it. The second half is all about a pro-gun, glock carrying republican politician from Louisiana who tried to get a "no toy guns at school" bill passed. They aired a clip from a radio show where this thread topic question was asked.

I do have a bug out bag though. About $300 worth of supplies. Hell I don't even own a generator though. I guess I don't see how a topic on elk hunts and another on .44 mags makes me a prepper? In fact the whole stock market thread is me making fun of papsmear's non-perishable food collection.

No, those don't but just the other day you had one about a survival rifle or something. Just poking at ya, I think most people that hunt and keep the meat are preppers in a way. We prep for the rest of the year until hunting season comes around again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

No, those don't but just the other day you had one about a survival rifle or something. Just poking at ya, I think most people that hunt and keep the meat are preppers in a way. We prep for the rest of the year until hunting season comes around again.

as shaggy famously said. it wasn't me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rob... said:

What apocalypse are we talking about? Another country invades, extraterrestrials invade, the US implodes and we have another Civil War, zombies. Or the big two, Nuclear, or the End Of Days talked about in the Book Of Revelations in the Bible?

Get your crap together Belo! What are we talking about here?

pick your poison. civilization as we know it collapses for one reason or the other. While I see how a zombie invasion vs an alien invasion might change your strategy some. At the end of the day I bet it's not all that different. 

Edited by Belo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Belo said:

pick your poison. civilization as we know it collapses for one reason or the other. While I see how a zombie invasion vs an alien invasion might change your strategy some. At the end of the day I bet it's not all that different. 

If I had to guess something like super volcano or asteroid will be what ends it .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to learn how to build my own bows and arrows. I think it would be a neat hobby and you wouldn't go hungry. Granted you wouldn't have those fancy BH's but could do it the Indian way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I would like to learn how to build my own bows and arrows. I think it would be a neat hobby and you wouldn't go hungry. Granted you wouldn't have those fancy BH's but could do it the Indian way.

Ever shoot a primitive bow ? Yes you'd go hungry.  Buddy makes primitive bows and arrows. Deer being a bigger target are somewhat easier to hit but small game is almost impossible to get close enough and hit

If you're serious outside of the apocalypse scenario  on building a primitive bow shoot dinorocks on here a PM  He'll get you on the right track

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Ever shoot a primitive bow ? Yes you'd go hungry.  Buddy makes primitive bows and arrows. Deer being a bigger target are somewhat easier to hit but small game is almost impossible to get close enough and hit

If you're serious outside of the apocalypse scenario  on building a primitive bow shoot dinorocks on here a PM  He'll get you on the right track

I have but never hunted with one. Not saying I would be any good with one but would still like to learn how to make them. When I finally get some free time I will have to look into. I have always wanted to learn how to make them, I knew a guy that did it and taught classes on it but haven't seen or talked to him in years.

Edited by chas0218

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 11:16 PM, Rob... said:

What apocalypse are we talking about? Another country invades, extraterrestrials invade, the US implodes and we have another Civil War, zombies. Or the big two, Nuclear, or the End Of Days talked about in the Book Of Revelations in the Bible?

Get your crap together Belo! What are we talking about here?

 

On 2/14/2018 at 9:46 AM, Belo said:

pick your poison. civilization as we know it collapses for one reason or the other. While I see how a zombie invasion vs an alien invasion might change your strategy some. At the end of the day I bet it's not all that different. 

Well, it's not that cut and dried. Zombies, the human body shuts down, and the brain stops working pretty fast, so no need to wast ammo unless you have too, stop watching zombie flicks and think about decay. They will rot out soon enough. An ET invasion, if creatures from space have the tech to get here and want to take over, not much your 9MM or 30.06 will do. If nuclear, you can carry any weapon you like, won't do much good, the water sources near by will be contaminated ( too many people forget about the "fall-out" ) , so any animals drinking from it can't be eaten.

Now, it's the big one from the "Book Of Revelations", just bend over and kiss your a$$ goodbye and hope you were a good person.

As for a war of people in the USA, think lightweight, light weapon and much ammo as you can carry , and learn some bushcraft skills. Driving your 3,000 ft camper into the Catskills or ADKs won't last long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.