Abundance of bunnies

36 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Crazy amounts of rabbits this year. Had mamma and 2 little ones in there at once but 1 little one scampered out when the door was going down. Watched the whole thing unfold.  And no they won’t be in the dinner thread later. 

4FDC1C4F-7913-43DD-A8DD-4EF381BA4383.jpeg

So what will you do with the bunnies?

Rupert has been going crazy on his nightly walk ,he gets that hound dog nose going and sure enough there's a rabbit in someone's front yard . It's actually given me a chance to teach him to stalk instead of just run wild after it. He hasn't touched one in a couple years though.

55 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

This morning's drive was like a slalom course until I got to the interstate. Veering back and forth to avoid the bunnies darting across the road. Maybe a dozen in that many miles.

Didn't even nick one with a tire!

Swerving for bunnies ?

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’ve gotten soft. Swerved for a opossum few weeks ago and stopped completely for one Monday.  

Good plan! Years ago I hit one square with the right tire on the expressway doing about 70. Was a family crossing the road and even though I tried to avoid it, the momma scampered right into the tire. Felt like ran over a log. Needed a front end alignment afterward. Of course, it was a Dodge truck. So there's that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Yeah, I give 'em a pass. Safely swerving anyways.

As long as it's safe, I always try to avoid wildlife in the road too.  But sometimes, they almost seem to do themselves in! No matter what you do to miss them!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

I brake for animals but not putting myself in danger. I always get a kick out of people slamming brakes for a squirrel. On 2 instances this week I saw 2 almost accidents from people slamming their brakes for a squirrel. 

I'm with ya. I'll avoid them if possible but if i'm in traffic they have to avoid me because i'm not moving one way or another. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Crazy amounts of rabbits this year. Had mamma and 2 little ones in there at once but 1 little one scampered out when the door was going down. Watched the whole thing unfold.  And no they won’t be in the dinner thread later. 

4FDC1C4F-7913-43DD-A8DD-4EF381BA4383.jpeg

Yeah, they seem to multiply like crazy and don't even go to school.