What is up with Syracuse?

Single_shot

I listen to WSYR daily and I swear I hear daily that there are shootings and stabbings and suicides. This is CNY not the Bronx. It's disturbing and I hope it comes no farther north...I keep the 12g near at all times and now and then get a local that can't read a No Trespassing sign, but jeez, Syracuse is crazy.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm sure the addiction crisis has something to do with it to some extent. That, and people just seem nuts anymore. Very little common courtesy. Much less common sense. No respect for anything or anyone. And seems like a majority of people are just mad at everything now. This world sure has changed a bunch in my time. So I just shake my head, and do my part every day, to make it just a little better.

• Like 7

99.9 percent of the stabbings and shootings are in the hood and gang and drug related. The hood is stretching east and north but most everywhere else you are fine.

Pretty much like any city that is Democrat and does its best to enslave people to rely on government programs that do not run out. No parenting, no family values, no jobs or the will to find one and no conscience do not make good neighborhoods.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Merlot said:

My mother wakes up in Rochester every day hearing about another shooting somewhere in the city. Sad.

Actually the ‘90s were way worse in Roch . IIIRC 70 -90 murders per year for a per capita rate of four times  NYC one year . Guns shots were almost heard nightly at the firehouse .

I have lived near and worked in and around Syracuse most of my life. I have zero concerns for the violence you hear reported. It is almost all encapsulated in the same crowd. Don't go where you don't have business. Generally speaking, there isn't any place in the city I wont go if I have a need to. Just be aware of your surroundings. A friend of mine was a long time reporter with the crime beat with the Post Standard, and followed these things very closely, and the neighborhoods haven't changed much. The Post has almost no real active reporters anymore: they  and the news channels depend heavily on the police reports for easy access news stories, which gives a distorted picture.