Toyota Tacoma 1.2 Million Miles (so far)

Lawdwaz

3 hours ago, greensider said:

That's a lot of miles but I live near a dealership and they have a constant delivery of frames there is no way I would ever buy one

Yup, saw a stack of frames behind the building when I picked up my Tundra last summer. I think that's actually a good sign. I look at it this way; Jeep has probably the most well known and frequent history of frame failures. Yet, you'll never see a stack of frames on hand because Jeep wants you to junk them at that point.

An acquaintance recently needed serious frame repair on a 2009 Wrangler due to corrosion - mechanic said he might get a few more years before the frame totally fails, and he'll either have to replace the frame out of his pocket, sell it to a sucker, or junk/part it out. (BTW, I'm not a Jeep basher, I've had a few and would still like another).

Toyota will pop a new frame under your ride free of charge. You know, so you can get your million miles.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

LOL....I just hit the 10,000 mark at just under 2 years now on my 2017. Guess I have better get driving or I will never catch up.

I'll bust 121,000 next week on mine.  2011 and I need new rubber for it now, that's all. :)

LOL....I just hit the 10,000 mark at just under 2 years now on my 2017. Guess I have better get driving or I will never catch up.

I hav 72k on my 2016 bought at the very end of the 16 cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great testimonials that auto mfgers may have mixed reactions about. If every vehicle lasted 500K to 1M miles the consumers would be elated, but the entire auto industry would be bankrupted. Not exactly sure when this mfg philosophy started, but "built-in obsolescence" is evident in everything from vehicles to appliances & all things between. IE: When was last time you purchased an appliance with the anticipation it'd last 15 or so years?

Edited by nyslowhand

Great testimonials that auto mfgers may have mixed reactions about. If every vehicle lasted 500K to 1M miles the consumers would be elated, but the entire auto industry would be bankrupted. Not exactly sure when this mfg philosophy started, but "built-in obsolescence" is evident in everything from vehicles to appliances & all things between. IE: When was last time you purchased an appliance with the anticipation it'd last 15 or so years?
My parents new Wolf steam oven and convection double oven, their Wolf induction cooktop and SubZero fridge

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I only hoped it would when I bought it, but my refrigerator/freezer in my kitchen has lasted me 30 years, and is still going strong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1