LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Weather is cooperating this morning in 8f, but man is it warm. A light drizzle is coming in and bumped a deer on the way. Not sure if they’ll be moving before the front and I’m always leery of bow hunting with rain coming as blood trails are usually necessary on any less than perfect shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Real nice 2.5 or 3.5 7-8 point just cruised through behind me down the creek bottom. He was real dark. I threw a call or two at him to see how he’d react. Stopped listened and continued on. Headed towards the tower. Would love one of the kids to see him this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well, I’ve been hoping to get a closer look at the brute that cruised by on the other side of the field earlier this week. I’d just have been happier if he hadn’t been going 100 mph! Two young doe running for their lives followed by a basket eight followed by a giant ten or twelve. Crashing back and forth on the hillside in front of me, grunting up a storm. The two doe flew by at 15 yards followed by the eight. The big boy was still smart enough to stay in the brush as he passed by. Beautiful rack crashing thru the brush like a truck. Never slowed down. Listened to the chase continue for 5-7 minutes before they went over the ridge. Man, that was fun!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Local today before the rain comes.  Saw deer everywhere on 20 minute drive. They’re definitely moving.  Dang it’s warm. Good luck y’all    Owl sounding off.  My big brother communicating with me.  

I am gonna join you in the outdoors in a little while,the rain is supposed to hold off for a while here too. I will go for a slow walk and look for sign. Maybe i will meet a careless buck?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Good day to make some brats. 10lbs of hightemp cheese and 5lbs seasoning just got here!

Haha,as i read this i am just taking a break from finishing the trimming on the doe meat. Good rainy day to finish the 1st deer before i go after the next one. 

I have a dmp and an either sex tag left,so still have options. 

Looks like Saturday is the next day out for me,maybe tomorrow afternoon if i can finish work early enough.

• Like 1