LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

20 minutes ago, Chef said:

Live from the highway I drove rt 17 from the Haramin toll to exit 100 Saw no less than 7 dead deer mostly spikes. Also saw a lot feeding in the fields midday. Looking like Friday is going to be very windy. I may go surfing Friday Pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm setting up to do the same.  That mid-day, post-rain temp drop has me pretty anxious.  I'll be out Saturday morning, in a different spot than Friday's choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattypotpie8S said:

Got a flock of What sounds like a  gizzilion Blackbirds driving me nutty

grackles? I have seen big swarms of them before,that is definitely loud and possibly creepy. First time i saw them it was foggy as all get out on our hill and you just heard the ruckus.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Oh that sinking feeling as you pull a card on a scrape on the way to your stand then suddenly remember that you only have doe tags in your pocket. Stick around to gun season big boy...

Resized_IMG_0010_71662963910665.thumb.jpeg.513920660bef443d70e4c96f3ca8d941.jpeg

Wow,that is insane. You western NY guys are spoiled rotten!!!

Out of work early to get on stand by 2:30. One lone yearling doe walking thick stuff along the pond edge at about 3:30. About 4:00 hear some chasing going on a couple times in that area then all quiet until about 5:30...same area a couple buck grunts and chasing. Never seen them as they headed other direction around pond but looking like its ramping up now. Should be a great weekend!

• Like 1

Sat for 2 hours this afternoon. Finally saw deer at 5:30.  Two does right in front of my blind, but I was in a tree stand 100 yards away.  :threaten:

They came out closer to me to feed and stuck around until 6:00 closing time.  Slowly line down my backpack and bow, look to my left to be sure and three more deer (does) are in the field right in my scent cone.  They stuck around for 5 minutes or so and finally caught wind of me, then took off with tails flapping.

Glad to see deer moving around even if it is too late for me to make a move, but I am sure that is all about to change!   

• Like 1

Dam I would not only shoot but mount that deer

I hunt this property with someone else so it’s not just about what I would shoot. I didn’t see the funky side until he was close and then quickly in cover. If both sides were equal as I initially thought he is not a shooter for this property.

I know this flies in the face of my “meat first” anthem

• Like 1

So since it’s after hours and no one is in the woods right now I thought I’d have a little fun. I found this pic of a member in a old thread and thought this might be fun since he’s an adult now..

Name this hunter

2f0a7c720f0a486ca91cf8fce17cbbb4.png&key=0eb918c1f4dafba2f38fb29fa19d010987ab1d84448d6af1f1ada0ab9cd30fe0

Circa 2009 right there lol. Still my best deer to date and it was my first season

• Like 6

I went out yesterday after work for a 2 hour sit, so far this season I've sat 6 different days/evenings and have not seen a deer from the stand yet! I had a nice 8 pt come in from behind me and over my left shoulder, he stops at 18 yds and starts to put his head down to feed, i start to move bow into position and he catches the movement. Short staring contest and he decides to exit stage left. (walking) That gives me a quartering away shot so i draw and shoot, clean miss just over his back! Damn, in hind site it happened so fast that I'm not sure I ever anchored properly or even looked through the peep site? He just trotted off so I think I'll get another chance? 5 minutes later I had a spiker walk almost right under me. Finally seeing some deer, can't wait till this weekend!

• Like 6

Local today before the rain comes.  Saw deer everywhere on 20 minute drive. They’re definitely moving.  Dang it’s warm. Good luck y’all    Owl sounding off.  My big brother communicating with me.  
No better place to be right now Jay.....up in a tree is always a great place to clear the mind.....enjoy your sit, and hope your Bro pushes one your way from upstairs!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 4