LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Just had a close encounter with a doe. I was just picking out a tree to climb,when I hear footsteps coming towards me. I still have my stand on my back and the release strapped to the bow. So I scrambled to get the release off but the velcro was too noisy. Had a brief face off at 20 yds before she figured out I was up to no good. She had a injury to the right rear leg and was walking with a limp, so I really wanted to put her down. Oh well. Time to climb that tree.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Out with 2 friends today. I set them up in ground blinds with their kids. The oldest is in a tree about 100 yards from me in a bottle neck between 2 small ponds.
We just had 3 does come by that   might’ve got spooked by some small game hunters.  2 ran by him but he had no shot. I stopped the other one at 15 yards quartering away. Solid hut. She didn’t go far. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

Out with 2 friends today. I set them up in ground blinds with their kids. The oldest is in a tree about 100 yards from me in a bottle neck between 2 small ponds.
We just had 3 does come by that   might’ve got spooked by some small game hunters.  2 ran by him but he had no shot. I stopped the other one at 15 yards quartering away. Solid hut. She didn’t go far. 

It is awesome to have guys out bowhunting still. Keep it up folks! I just took a couple of hang on stands down,they will go somewhere else next year.

Wow great G2’s. Is that the 8 you have been after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. This is a small to medium 8 in my book. His mains are very skinny. The one I’m after is a bit better. Haven’t seen him in a while. Hope he makes it...at least till I see him. Never found a shed before. Don’t think this counts lol. Now I need to try the pressure washer thing to attempt my first euro.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

No. This is a small to medium 8 in my book. His mains are very skinny. The one I’m after is a bit better. Haven’t seen him in a while. Hope he makes it...at least till I see him. Never found a shed before. Don’t think this counts lol. Now I need to try the pressure washer thing to attempt my first euro. emoji4.png

I heard if you sink it in the pond  the fish clean it by spring

I heard if you sink it in the pond  the fish clean it by spring

Don’t have a pond by me only the bay. Gonna let him sit until spring. He had maggots on him so I’m hoping they take care of most of what’s left. Then I’ll try the pressure washer I read about on the euro thread.

88DE0F5B-A39C-4742-8A2B-B768704D505A.thumb.jpeg.d7919ec0c15d155d5246315100f0a3a2.jpegDouble lung hit. She only went about 50 yards into the tall grass. Easy recovery. 
I stayed in until dark anyway. My friends son was close by and deer were in the field working towards us, with one of them being a buck. Unfortunately the buck chose to walk past my stand instead. So he got a pass. 

After walking off, he ended up crossing the path of the doe that I had shot earlier. He didn’t spook, but rather followed the blood trail into the tall grass. 
Seems like the bucks were on their feet tonight. I had another cam set up about 200 yards away and I caught this buck on his feet as well. 
054C5A11-12B9-43FE-B271-97659F85C52A.thumb.jpeg.6ed51527d6d6aab9a91f1edd6c004456.jpeg

• Like 5

Wow great G2’s. IMG_6822.jpgIMG_6821.jpg

This is a pic of the 9 that comes by often. It was taken in august from my driveway. He was in my neighbor’s yard. Seen him recently but didn’t have phone to get another pic at the time. He’s bigger of course. He’s nice for a 3.5 ur old. Can’t wait to see him next year. I think he will have a big rack one day. There is no where to hunt in my neighborhood n no predators. He only has to worry about cars lol. My wife almost fed him by hand. I could prob take him w a hammer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

88DE0F5B-A39C-4742-8A2B-B768704D505A.thumb.jpeg.d7919ec0c15d155d5246315100f0a3a2.jpegDouble lung hit. She only went about 50 yards into the tall grass. Easy recovery. 
I stayed in until dark anyway. My friends son was close by and deer were in the field working towards us, with one of them being a buck. Unfortunately the buck chose to walk past my stand instead. So he got a pass. 
[/url] After walking off, he ended up crossing the path of the doe that I had shot earlier. He didn’t spook, but rather followed the blood trail into the tall grass. 
Seems like the bucks were on their feet tonight. I had another cam set up about 200 yards away and I caught this buck on his feet as well. 
054C5A11-12B9-43FE-B271-97659F85C52A.thumb.jpeg.6ed51527d6d6aab9a91f1edd6c004456.jpeg

That’s a nice buck. Hope to see you get him.

Was out last night for song dogs......only did one set and after 45 minutes finally got one to sound off to a female howl. Was a way off and didn't seem to be moving in on us. Definitely a different game with no snow and very low light. We gotta get a few more pieces of the puzzle together an get after them next weekend.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I was out yesterday morning but had no signal to post anything. I sat from 6am till 11 and saw nothing. Not even a squirrel. So my wife texts me to ask how goes the hunting. I tell her nothing is moving and she sends me a video of an 8 pt in my driveway as she laughs. Nice little 8. I am not sure why I can't post the vid. I got it as a text but it doesn't show up in my gallery. I tried saving it to files and tried to upload from there but it keeps telling me their was an error with the upload. Wrong format (MOV). Tried to save it as a dif fomrat but can't. If anyone can offer a suggestion, I would love you all to share in my misery from Sunday lol.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I was out yesterday morning but had no signal to post anything. I sat from 6am till 11 and saw nothing. Not even a squirrel. So my wife texts me to ask how goes the hunting. I tell her nothing is moving and she sends me a video of an 8 pt in my driveway as she laughs. Nice little 8. I am not sure why I can't post the vid. I got it as a text but it doesn't show up in my gallery. I tried saving it to files and tried to upload from there but it keeps telling me their was an error with the upload. Wrong format (MOV). Tried to save it as a dif fomrat but can't. If anyone can offer a suggestion, I would love you all to share in my misery from Sunday lol.  

The only way that I can post video is by using YouTube. 

• Thanks 1

So last friday I did some squirrel hunting. I hiked about 45 minutes and didn't see any of the thousand squirrels from deer season and decided to pop a squat near one of our stands. I'm wearing some camo, but no scent control or any real cares, just sitting there on the ground with my back to a tree when I see a deer coming out of the pines. Oh sweet I think. Now I realize it's not just any deer but a buck, and then realize he's a decent 2.5 year old. He eventually hits my scent cone at 15 yards broadside (it's kind of cool you can pinpoint the moment he hits the scent).

As some of you I never had a shooter in range in dozens of sits this year. Sometimes you just have to laugh and be happy he survived as he'll be a wall hanger next year :) it's a cell video so might be easier to see launched in youtube. 

• Like 13