LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

Sounds like the cold has them on the move.    I think some of you have seen more deer already this year then i will all season.  Getting gear together for am sit.  Hoping to see something  as long as its not a fawn or spike it might not want to walk by.  Good luck.
I haven't had any anywhere in range. But I did see a mtn lion this morning which was rad

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I made it out at 5.40. Just ran along a hedgerow and tucked myself into the honeysuckle. I spooked three deer getting settled. 15 mins later a deer comes in my trail and stops 4 yds from me on the other side of the honeysuckle. I couldn't move,and man did its head look big. Never been that close to a live one. I was too tucked in couldn't draw without rustling branches and the doe would have heard that. She finally trotted off quartering away and didn't stop until she was 40 yds. Damn.

So there I was in my tree stand, in the last few minutes of sunlight (an hour ago), when I see a dark colored beast to my right. I couldn't see how many points he had, wasn't too big, but wasn't too small either. I'd guess 6. Anyway I wait until he gets to a clearing at about 30 yards, draw back my bow, and nail him. The arrow knocks him down, and he rolls around on the ground for a few seconds, before getting up and running away. I watch the lighted knock fall out about 50 yards away (not sure whether it fell out or if the arrow broke, etc.), then I climbed down and came home to write this while I wait. It wasn't a perfect shot, because the arrow was clearly hanging out. I'm thinking it hit the shoulder blade. I'll go out in about half an hour or so and see how much blood there is and take a look at what the arrow looks like...

• Like 9