Shingles vaccination

Water Rat

I had my vaccination a few years ago and now they developed  one that is the preferred treatment for shingles. It consists of 2 injections spaced a couple of months apart. If your relatively healthy and in the age group (50 - 60) , you might want to consider it. I had my second and final injection yesterday , and man is my shoulder sore ! It's better than getting shingles and your risk increases as you get older. Just something to think about.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, grampy said:

I need to get the vaccination. Can even get it at our local pharmacy now.

My luck I'd get shingles during deer season!  

Have had a couple friends get it and it was no joke. 

Don't procrastinate Grampy. I too received my injections at our local Walgreens pharmacy. Between Medicare and my health insurance , it didn't cost anything.

• Thanks 1

I had it four or five years ago.  I got in to see the doctor asap and got an injection for it... supposed to limit the physical outbreak.  Excruciating pain for the first three months and the following six months the pain was just annoying.  I don't wish shingles on anyone... the most painful thing I've ever experienced.  The pain made me think of getting hit in the ribcage with a baseball bat in exactly the same spot several times a day for three months.  Get your vaccination if you can... you do not want shingles!