Bob

Lawdwaz

If you think common "given names" in today's world is interesting, do some ancestry searches. I found that way out on certain branches of my family tree they had way less imagination than in today's world. Lot of carrying-over of certain names of previous male predecessors. Gets confusing when a whole family tree branch consists of ancestors named Richard, Thomas, etc. 

I worked PT as a second job for 3 years as a driver and a team leader would get on the radio and announce when breaks would be.  So It was me , her, Neil and Bob.  So she gets on the radio and says "first break will be Neil and Bob" . ok so I am dying laughing cause this goes out to a bunch of people and to a hotel etc.  So OF course - I get on and go "could you repeat that it was all broken up?" so she says it again and i of course go --- "was that me and Bob?" so now she is getting aggitated and says "neil and bob, Neil and Bob!" then realizes what i was doing and  " your a jerk....."  lol She had a good sense of humor so she wasnt pissed - laughed all night!     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok...easy on the Bob stuff...lol. Worst real name I have run across was a gay architect that was assigned to a project I was building. He had to be 70. Use to come to meeting with his long grey hair all braided and in his black leather chaps. as God as my witness his name was Wagdie Annus. He pronounced it differently for obvious reasons but we use to laugh out loud when the secretary would read back the weekly meeting minutes of who attended the last meeting.

It blows my mind with the amount of resumes I read how some folks spell their names and how clueless or cruel parents can be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Ok...easy on the Bob stuff...lol. Worst real name I have run across was a gay architect that was assigned to a project I was building. He had to be 70. Use to come to meeting with his long grey hair all braided and in his black leather chaps. as God as my witness his name was Wagdie Annus. He pronounced it differently for obvious reasons but we use to laugh out loud when the secretary would read back the weekly meeting minutes of who attended the last meeting.

It blows my mind with the amount of resumes I read how some folks spell their names and how clueless or cruel parents can be. 

Well, now we have a gay guy running for president with the word "Butt" in his name.  LOL