Shaving

Dom

Hey fellas how many of you do not shave durring hunting season my wife wants me to but i told her that im not untill hunting season was over she asked why i told her its warmer also camos my white face she says they sell face paint and i said i was not buying that its awaste of $$ growing beard costs nothing been growing since aug so its staying and thats it boy is she mad

• Like 1

Hey fellas how many of you do not shave durring hunting season my wife wants me to but i told her that im not untill hunting season was over she asked why i told her its warmer also camos my white face she says they sell face paint and i said i was not buying that its awaste of $$ growing beard costs nothing been growing since aug so its staying and thats it boy is she mad

I made exactly that same decision back in 1972...... beard and mustache. The only difference is that I never shaved it off. When I go, it goes with me.....lol.

I have always worn a beard spring and fall.. Now my current significant other HATES whiskers...

I can't use the camo excuse because my whiskers are WHITE now..

I don't want to bother shaving mornings before hunting, but I don't want to get SHUT OFF either...

Decisions, decisons..Why is life so complicated ?

• Like 1

I grow a goatee a couple months before 10/1 and shave it on my last day of hunting in December. The wife and kids aren't crazy about it but they get used to it. They always tell me to shave it off all season. Then when I do it at the end of the season they ask me why did I shave it. Damned if I do, damned if I don't!

Get dom, your actually saving $ let her know because you aren't using shaving cream, water, or wasting a razor!!!!

I still have to shave (under the jaw bone, and up on upper part of the cheeks) about every other day. If I don't do that and keep it trimmed kind of short-ish, it starts looking a bit out of control and scraggly. It's not one of those Grizzly Adams kind of beards.....lol. I think it's actually more maintenance than if I shaved every day.

I'm a beard and stache for hunting guy also. I started growing mine end of Aug. Now like Doc I just trim it every week or so to keep it looking somewhat clean. I grow it for keeping my face warm not so much for camo. After hunting season and when I get tired of tasting my soup the day after I ate it I'll hack it off.