Teenage Bergen bow hunter takes down 17-point buck

burmjohn

That Alabama swamp hunting is real hunting, the deer are huge and dark and from what I hear not fun dragging them out of the muck. Great Job guys.

LOL once you get them to a main trail it aint to hard.. its getting them there that can be a pain!

Both bucks are great bucks... nice to see a big one come out of the swamps which is where most my hunting will be done this year... but bergens right down the road from me

LOL once you get them to a main trail it aint to hard.. its getting them there that can be a pain!

Both bucks are great bucks... nice to see a big one come out of the swamps which is where most my hunting will be done this year... but bergens right down the road from me

Your in Holly have I hear of some slobs in the Elma Muck fields also, I remember riding my sled and kicked up a couple one time.

This young hunter has been caught trespassing several times by local (Bergen)land owners,this time I hear there are charges coming supported by trail cam pictures.It would be a shame if the DEC has to confiscate this giant.....

Edited by snowcamo

This young hunter has been caught trespassing several times by local (Bergen)land owners,this time I hear there are charges coming supported by trail cam pictures.It would be a shame if the DEC has to confiscate this giant.....

Nice first post.

Any more tidbits you can share?

Interesting.

The parents were very proud of this kid (rightfully so if done legal)...you'd think they would know if it were taken while trespassing?

No doubt,it runs in the family. The father,brother and uncle have all been warned several times. This time they may get the message....

trail cam pics will state he might of tresspassed but doesnt prove he shot the buck on private property.Unless you caught him there hunting.is the stand he shot it from on private land?if so then he could loose the deer.If not then he could just get charged for tresspassing in town court and keep deer if it wasn;'t on posted ground.

• 5 months later...

If in doubt take a ride down Creamery rd and talk to a few landowners.....

No doubt,it runs in the family. The father,brother and uncle have all been warned several times. This time they may get the message....

Heard this deer ended up being taken by the DEC. Anyone know the details?

you seem to know alot

SnowCamo you need to provide facts when badgering someone like this. Regaurdless of what he and his family are accused of... Otherwise it just looks like you are jealous. I am not saying you are wrong but accusations like that require proof for it to be accepted on this site... Especially since you are new to posting here... We are a bunch of dedicated hunters and would hate it if some one said one of our bucks was taken illegally when it was not...

Otherwise two awsome bucks!!! Congrats to both hunters!!!