Opening weekend Disbelief!

njg0621

Sunday I went into the woods at 5:30am and came out at 10:30 for a break. When I came out to the truck I noticed both doors were open and I had locked them when I went into the woods??? I got a little closer and noticed that both windows were blown out of my brand new truck also. When I got up to the truck 3 out of four windows were shattered, they hit the other one like 7 times but it wouldn't break. They ripped the door handles off, ripped all molding off, and bent the driver side door. Once in the vehicle they ransacked everything and stole my Fathers wallet. Luckily I carried mine that day. The part that I find strange is that I had a digital camera, a video camera, and a DroidX in the center console and they didn't take any of it. They hit 12 hunters that morning parked on the side of the road. Now I have a $500 deductible to pay for $3500 done to my truck! I really hope they catch these guys because I am just sick over it. Oh yeah and I was parked 30yds from the house on the side of the road!!!!

post-1200-0-23654400-1321984701_thumb.jp

If the just wanted to steal the valuables in the vehicle they wouldn't have gone through all that effort to cause that amount of damage. it would have been too much wasted energy and made them stayed within the crime scene much longer than necessary. Doesn't sound like theives to me. I'm thinking some anti's and/or vandals who took the oppurtunity to take the wallet because they stumbled on it.

I hope they catch the thieving bastards ! My wife had me stop at Best Buy in Henrietta last night to pick up a DVD for our Grandson . I was leery about leaving my car in the parking lot with the ATV on the trailer . I thought someone might put 2 and 2 together and figure there were guns in the car but stopped and everything was okay . I have gotten paranoid after having some items stolen from the garage . Plus , Sheriff York had guns taken from his vehicle in broad daylight .

You used to be able to leave your car unlocked with the windows down , etc .. Not anymore .

Let us know the outcome !

Ahh yes, Rennessalaer County I'm not to far in Northern Dutchess. all the yuppies and tree huggers moving up from down state. Animal Rights Nut Jobs. Hope they get what they deserve - Jail time and enforced financial retribution.

Edited by SteveMcD

Don't sound like thieves or anti's to me. Thieves "steal" and anti's are typically to wimpy (my opinion) to pull off such a stunt. They might, in a big crowd they feel safe in, throw red paint on some woman wearing a fur coat, but this looks more like a couple of idiot guys pissed that someone is hunting in "their" place. I'm not sure why but it looks it looks me like a couple of local knuckleheads protecting their turf from "outsiders".

Edited by New York Hillbilly

Don't sound like thieves or anti's to me. Thieves "steal" and anti's are typically to wimpy (my opinion) to pull off such a stunt. They might, in a big crowd they feel safe in, throw red paint on some woman wearing a fur coat, but this looks more like a couple of idiot guys pissed that someone is hunting in "their" place. I'm not sure why but it looks it looks me like a couple of local knuckleheads protecting their turf from "outsiders".

Not sure what this means???? "Their" place?? IT IS MY PLACE! I have been hunting here my whole life, my friend owns 300acres. I live 5 minutes from where I was parked. Just because people are parked on the side of the road doesn't mean that they aren't local. If they are local they were breaking into vehicles that were local also for the most part.

I know one thing they definitely wanted to destroy the vehicles as well as steal money and wallets. They stole the cash and wallets from every vehicle but no other belongings.