LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

36 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Dammit @moog let him Borrow a muzzle loader and get that dang xbow outta his hands! We need late season success.....not sightings.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If him is me I ain’t got no Xbow bro ! I got one of them guns u load with a stick !

They’re now all bedded in the field it’s close to 300 yards .

I come back in this years holiday hunt with a rifle and take them 

Edited by Nomad

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

If him is me I ain’t got no Xbow bro ! I got one of them guns u load with a stick !

They’re now all bedded in the field it’s close to 300 yards .

I come back in this years holiday hunt with a rifle and take them 

Just shoot 4 feet high

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

He is welcome if not concerned about COVID contamination.   Stop on by!   Larry should own one but never is hunting for a buck this late.  

Ha our daughter is working on the covid unit , and we watched the Bills game at her house . No worries here .

Ya I had a ML to, use in “ shotgun “ season as I felt it was a superior weapon , once we went rifle , I got rid of it . I think in 45 years I’ve hunted two days of “ late season “ then with a bow .

Although seeing all these bucks just walking around in daylight without a care , I may have to rethink things .

Im fairly certain I’m done for the year . I’m not sure if this is the end of this season or the beginning of the next .....

Edited by Nomad

31 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Bummer of a night hunt.. no deer seen. Going to by other favorite public tomorrow. Two days left and it's over

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My evening was a bummer too Chris.  One doe at 225 yards for just a few seconds and then she went back into the woods.   Kind of a strange weekend for me; I saw more bucks than adult doe.

And, two coyote with in 50 yards yesterday and today and I couldn't get a crack at either.  Oh well.....

• Like 1

Last hunt of the year for me. Shot a small 5 I’ve had on cam the last few days... I told the SENY crew I was shooting the first deep that gave me a shot today but I hoped it wasn’t him.... well it was him. Took 3 arrows to bring him down.... well two bolts and a arrow.... but he is down

First shot was x bow at 20 yards. Hit the top of the heart... he ran about 20 yards and then just walked off spraying blood. He dropped at around 80 yards and I climbed down and walked over to him... when I got within 20 I could see his head was still up. Recocked the x bow and shot again. He was at a weird angle and the shot was high but he didn’t really move. Figured I would go drop x bow at my truck and grab my Brother in laws quad and by the time I got back he would have expired. Brother in law went with me and when we got back he took off and struggled to go about 50 yards. I told my brother in law to wait there and I went back and got my compund from the truck... when I got back my brother in law had pushed him again. Blood was easy to follow and he had gone another 50 yards from his last bed and curled up under a blow down... I got within 10 yards and put one through the lungs. He again just looked at me.... I backed out the 50 yards back to my brother in law. We watched him try and stand and fall Over 3 times before expiring. One tough little son of a bitch this guy was.

Honestly I’m happy to have him meat before horns

982d5e497869fec3489412b0900e02aa.jpeg
35ddde04e5823f0493a39506fbd96f3e.jpg
cb7996382038345c8f658d1f5a1d7aab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 32

My evening was a bummer too Chris.  One doe at 225 yards for just a few seconds and then she went back into the woods.   Kind of a strange weekend for me; I saw more bucks than adult doe.
And, two coyote with in 50 yards yesterday and today and I couldn't get a crack at either.  Oh well.....
I'll be hunting 9h for the rest of the season..I at least see deer there during gun

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wish a few over to my part of 9h.....mine are locked down and nocturnal....only deer I have seen in 9h in a while was bedded off a ridge yesterday and bolted as I peeked over to see what was below.

My dad even had guys pushing the corn next to him tonight unknown to him until a guy popped out 60 yards in front of the shack he was sitting in. The guy was in full camo and waved and then headed back into the standing corn.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Last hunt of the year for me. Shot a small 5 I’ve had on cam the last few days... I told the SENY crew I was shooting the first deep that gave me a shot today but I hoped it wasn’t him.... well it was him. Took 3 arrows to bring him down.... well two bolts and a arrow.... but he is down

First shot was x bow at 20 yards. Hit the top of the heart... he ran about 20 yards and then just walked off spraying blood. He dropped at around 80 yards and I climbed down and walked over to him... when I got within 20 I could see his head was still up. Recocked the x bow and shot again. He was at a weird angle and the shot was high but he didn’t really move. Figured I would go drop x bow at my truck and grab my Brother in laws quad and by the time I got back he would have expired. Brother in law went with me and when we got back he took off and struggled to go about 50 yards. I told my brother in law to wait there and I went back and got my compund from the truck... when I got back my brother in law had pushed him again. Blood was easy to follow and he had gone another 50 yards from his last bed and curled up under a blow down... I got within 10 yards and put one through the lungs. He again just looked at me.... I backed out the 50 yards back to my brother in law. We watched him try and stand and fall Over 3 times before expiring. One tough little son of a bitch this guy was.

Honestly I’m happy to have him meat before horns

982d5e497869fec3489412b0900e02aa.jpeg&key=b6887e6203b0b62698f9d9010f50df30afddaaf7c16cd06f5c98dc62b325ac95
35ddde04e5823f0493a39506fbd96f3e.jpg&key=416b95edd4f3bc7d24ab45ad97f60bc4c6892c1f3f906b6108112a10c8cc368a
cb7996382038345c8f658d1f5a1d7aab.jpg&key=94163fc64e2ae9e467006fd375620dce21b841b535a480707a30ef644f422332

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! Are you asking for more xbow bolts for Xmas so you don’t run out next time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, WWJD_Hunter said:

I had TC Omega , but it was pain to clean and heavy.  I bought this CVA two years ago much easier to clean and lighter :) 

I held a cva wolf today and it’s light compared to my Winchester apex magnum ml I’ve had for maybe 20-25 years. But dang my winny is a great shooter but I did price search cvas tonight 

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic