LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'll never forget that CLANG when I attempted the shirt pocket shot on a beautiful ten point that unbeknownst to me was on his way back from a wedding. He was a groomsman and had thus received an engraved pewter flask from the groom and I'll let you guess where he chose to store it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh man ,if i had a nickel...

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 2

No overtime again this weekend so I'll come home and sleep until noon tomorrow get up and hunt for about 2 hrs between an orchard and stream.  Usually there is a scrape line in there so my hope is they will get up and freshen them before I have to get my son at 3.  It's also a quick walk in and out so won't disturb anything.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, phade said:

That place looks hard to hunt from the air.

Good luck. I'll be walking in at 5 - later than ideal but field edge stands. Plus I'm the guy who gets the truck to bail out my hunting partner who invariably will be covered up in deer from his stand this evening, lol.

Hunting partner and I were almost in for a long bow season - he just wouldn't clear to a shooting lane in time. Drop off and pick up courtesy to the stand for him by me since it's an active farm as noted. Covered up in deer evidence A. Time is off because I hooked up a bad cam to the network, but had to bail him out of the field stand. They'll be back as they have been, but deer behaviors are changing quick. Lots of vocalizations last evening - grunts, bleats, and snort wheezes.

Just another one of our bloated deer...

869FAAE5-5CBD-45BA-B46D-9A7AD848B9D9.png

38016963-9241-4A29-8875-CD99A6510C52.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 12

5 minutes ago, phade said:

Hunting partner and I were almost in for a long bow season - he just wouldn't clear to a shooting lane in time. Drop off and pick up courtesy to the stand for him by me since it's an active farm as noted. Covered up in deer evidence A. Time is off because I hooked up a bad cam to the network, but had to bail him out of the field stand. They'll be back as they have been, but deer behaviors are changing quick. Lots of vocalizations last evening - grunts, bleats, and snort wheezes.

That thing is a hog!

10 hours ago, moog5050 said:

How can a front shirt pocket be located behind a shoulder. My shirts all have pockets in front of the shoulder on my chest.   Boy am I confused now. 

Larry is lost. He hasn't worn a shirt since WW2. The front shirt pocket shirt is front chest. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phade said:

Thats a nice deer and congrats on the deer you took the other day.  

869FAAE5-5CBD-45BA-B46D-9A7AD848B9D9.thumb.png.8b27160b28006933dc8451bccac31e15.png
38016963-9241-4A29-8875-CD99A6510C52.jpeg.215efba499833912f795cc2ea4893bc1.jpeg
What do you age this thing at......my knees would buckle if this semi truck was walking through my woods. I have some big ag fed lower pressure mature bucks on my property but that guy is just a tank.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Sweet!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

i'm a double lung guy because that heart shot is low in relation to the overall "dead zone", but man when you hit that heart there's nothing sweeter! I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that I try to aim for the top of the heart, if you're a little low it's dead on the heart and of course anything higher is double lung. aim small, miss small.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

What do you age this thing at......my knees would buckle if this semi truck was walking through my woods. I have some big ag fed lower pressure mature bucks on my property but that guy is just a tank.

Others here might say he's been dead for a week looking like that.

We believe he is 5, have images of him last year as what appears to be a 4. No less than 4, but likely 5 or older IMO.

Edited by phade
  • Like 3

We believe he is 5, have images of him last year as what appears to be a 4. No less than 4, but likely 5 or older IMO.
I cropped the pic and sent it to my buddy to entertain him while he is swinging in his saddle as we speak....and his response...." Looks like an Elk"!

Just back from the morning sit. In and settled by 6:15 before the wind started to kick up a little bit.

Not even a tree rat seen this morning.

bh1015msa.jpg.3cfe6188a4814f59657318955d690b32.jpg

Until the drive home around 9:30. 7 deer, this is the same place I almost hit one driving home last Sunday.

bh1015msb.jpg.cfe6d11efe9d9c2913daf5f51b0178de.jpg

It is what it is. I think I might go blast a few tree rats with a shotgun, I'm itching to carry a firearm.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, phade said:

i think its that most of us have never seen a deer with a body like that.  That first pic did look odd a bit- I didnt say anything just figured it wasnt gutted yet.  Most of us have just regular deer to go by - wow thats incredible.  Looks like a Holstein. lol.  Very cool.  and awesome to be able to hunt for ones like that.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Belo said:

i'm a double lung guy because that heart shot is low in relation to the overall "dead zone", but man when you hit that heart there's nothing sweeter! I don't think I'm in the minority when I say that I try to aim for the top of the heart, if you're a little low it's dead on the heart and of course anything higher is double lung. aim small, miss small.

He got all three with that beauty

11 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Yet you own such an impressive collection of pocket protectors.   Once again so confused.   

That would be an odd thing to collect ,  I’m most proud of my collection of newspaper articles of Busses Plunging.

A841A23C-E305-4D1A-96A3-FE3F739323E5.jpeg

• Confused 1

869FAAE5-5CBD-45BA-B46D-9A7AD848B9D9.thumb.png.8b27160b28006933dc8451bccac31e15.png
38016963-9241-4A29-8875-CD99A6510C52.jpeg.215efba499833912f795cc2ea4893bc1.jpeg
Not bloated just a fat corn fed deer is all

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I'd like a duffle bag even without the ozone ,i hate lugging around the plastic box.

what i do is keep a tote in my truck where I store my harness, binos, rain gear, extra socks and my outer layers. I then have a tote in the bedroom with all the layers and stuff so no real lugging. I do travel occasionally and i do bring my bag for that as I agree totes that leave the truck or house aren't ideal.

19 minutes ago, Belo said:

nevermind i see we're commenting in the harvest thread... and yeah that pic is odd.

I'll take odd. And I'll take my punched tag with it. It's a freaking buck dead on his back in a UTV bed. What'd you think he was going to look like? Skinny Tyra Banks?

Edited by phade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic