My 2020 Taxidermy Status...

WNY Bowhunter

I get numerous PMs about this topic as I have mounted quite a few deer for members of this forum over the past 4 years. Once again, due to time constraints with family, work and trying to fill my own tags...I will only be able to take in a very small number of deer this fall. There will be a small price increase over last year as the suppliers continue to raise their prices.

Thanks and good luck!

96d5d3749567ac9cb118c74417d7b13d.jpg19c3dd894326b7f97c37c5fd80247f4e.jpg2827a09607f2030b97f99a7128c6d464.jpg08ca55052f87deeb1fc71f5b2ae72ff1.jpgd87fff88599dd9b0bba100856ca0dfb9.jpg

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, 518BowSlayer said:

hopefully in a few years my mounts will look as good as yours!!!

Thanks. It definitely takes a lot of practice to become better at the trade. It's especially tough when you're learning everything on your own. Honestly, my mounts still aren't at the level where I'd like them to be at.

Good luck!

56 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Yes. I doubt he was a 250 pound 5 or 6 year old deer. A beautiful specimen nonetheless. Places in ny are very underrated and a well kept secret. 

He was definitely an older, fully mature deer. The old boy had had a rough few weeks of rutting and was pretty run down. He was not a huge bodied deer to begin with...probably dressed around 160-170lbs which is about average for late November bucks around here. Also, he was a big woods deer with little agriculture available. 

• Like 2

With the quality of your work you should be able to raise your prices and not be concerned..  especially if you are being selective and handling true trophies..

the person I use is priced higher than average, but I have no issue paying it as you can’t put a price on quality..

keep up the great work..  I really enjoy seeing your posts!!

• 2 weeks later...

The opening week of bow season has been crazy. The early October cold front really had the bucks up and moving and I've taken in more than half of my desired quota for the ENTIRE season already!!! Due to this fact, I am temporarily going to stop taking any more for a while. Thanks to everyone who has entrusted me with their 2020 Season trophies. I will update this thread when I'm ready to start taking them in again. Thanks and good luck!

• Like 7

The opening week of bow season has been crazy. The early October cold front really had the bucks up and moving and I've taken in more than half of my desired quota for the ENTIRE season already!!! Due to this fact, I am temporarily going to stop taking any more for a while. Thanks to everyone who has entrusted me with their 2020 Season trophies. I will update this thread when I'm ready to start taking them in again. Thanks and good luck!
Son of a bitch! What it I am lucky enough to slay the monster I saw the first day out? Guess I'll have to go to my usual guy. Though in fairness there are a lot of ifs in that statement. So either way I'll just be happy to stick something. And awesome to see you're blowing up!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Quality over quantity, is the mark of a true professional . Your skill is sought for good reason .

Question.....

If one were to slay a huge beast, could the head and cape be frozen, until it could be worked on???

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, grampy said:

Quality over quantity, is the mark of a true professional . Your skill is sought for good reason .

Question.....

If one were to slay a huge beast, could the head and cape be frozen, until it could be worked on???

Message me and we'll get it sorted out ;)

• Like 2

On 9/26/2020 at 6:46 AM, 518BowSlayer said:

hopefully in a few years my mounts will look as good as yours!!!

I've got two of yours now, and I'm impressed with your work.   Hopefully one of the two youths I'm taking out this weekend will connect and I can get another one to ya. 

• Like 2