What is the reason for owning a firearm that holds more then 5 rounds?.

Gthphtm

A rifle or shotgun that is a pistol more then 6 rounds.

I have been hunting almost 6o years and have yet to get off more then 3 rounds either big or small game hunting.

And have gotten my share of deer,birds and rabbits,fox.Yotes ect.In New York.

• Like 1

Don't ever confuse owning a firearm as simply a hunting tool. Owning a firearm is necessary to the protection of one's liberty and nation. The fact it can put food on the table is just a bonus.

That is no to say that a firearm used for hunting must hold more than 5 rounds, mine don't. But you should own at least firearm that does hold more than 5 rounds. Freedom is not free and you may have to defend it one day.

• Like 1

Don't ever confuse owning a firearm as simply a hunting tool. Owning a firearm is necessary to the protection of one's liberty and nation. The fact it can put food on the table is just a bonus.

That is no to say that a firearm used for hunting must hold more than 5 rounds, mine don't. But you should own at least firearm that does hold more than 5 rounds. Freedom is not free and you may have to defend it one day.

That's a big ol' X2 right there.

What he meant is "3 rounds in a rifle or shotgun" or "6 rounds or more in a pistol"

Thats the way I see it.

I miss my spell check.........................................

I'm glad you could dechipher that, Larry , because it was lost on me...

Another freakin' English major... :fie: ....

Why have a gun that shoots more than 1 round then 1 shot 1 kill..right?

Because you can!

Old winchester model 12's carry 6 or 7. Go grouse hunting ever have one fly perfectly strait after your gun is empty? sometimes an extra shot is what you need for protection or in hunting!!