Here’s my issue

luberhill

I have a box blind set up facing my 3 acre field which is in front of 110 acre woods ( I don’t own the woods)

behind my box blind is a hedge that is 120 ft deep x 300 ft long.

the deer are always bedded down in there,,if I intentionally make noise I kick them out and they always go the opposite way on a dead run and don’t come back till night.

if I’m quiet and sit in my blind they don’t come out till dark .

how do I get them out during daylight.

I know they move at dark.

these three pics were all this morning

and tons of does too

3FEFD4EA-17FE-4F54-A7F8-85D71F4168FB.jpeg

6A8052F4-FC38-408F-B415-1E461D597BE7.jpeg

3E11881A-7D07-4D23-8D56-05E0DBDB4BD7.jpeg

Only hunt it on good wind and really bad weather. You may have to move the blind a long ways off and only hunt it with a rifle or quality inline. Its tough to hunt inside of bedding. They feel safe there for a reason. Many pressured deer are nocturnal right now,  especially bucks.

5 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

I think he's saying its not his property 

I own the property all around it but again , they can run out 4 different sides ..

and they choose the side I’m not on ..

if I don’t push them they stay out till dark 

on days I don’t hunt it they still stay buried in there till dark...

5 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I own the property all around it but again , they can run out 4 different sides ..

and they choose the side I’m not on ..

if I don’t push them they stay out till dark 

on days I don’t hunt it they still stay buried in there till dark...

Got ya. I have property like that. I sneak in the rain with my autoloader 12 and try to shoot them while they run away

• Like 1

I have used a slingshot to drive deer out of  a standing corn field and creek bottoms in the  past with success.  I wasn't kidding.  There was a article written years ago about a guy that used wind up alarm clocks to push deer up a mountain to a known escape route where he took his target buck . Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds to me like you've educated these deer to your hunting spots too often. They'd be coming to the field before dark if pressure is low. Try changing up where you sit, play the wind, rethink access routes and wait for bad weather (snow and or cold) will often put deer in fields earlier than normal. Or, since it's the last week anyways, try having a buddy push them to you? Or wind depending, get into their bedding super early and try to catch them coming back in or milling around during daylight. My .02...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Sounds to me like you've educated these deer to your hunting spots too often. They'd be coming to the field before dark if pressure is low. Try changing up where you sit, play the wind, rethink access routes and wait for bad weather (snow and or cold) will often put deer in fields earlier than normal. Or, since it's the last week anyways, try having a buddy push them to you? Or wind depending, get into their bedding super early and try to catch them coming back in or milling around during daylight. My .02...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Hail Mary pass :. Get in a spot visible to the bedding area a couple hours before dawn.  Maybe in a climber?  

5 hours ago, luberhill said:

I have a box blind set up facing my 3 acre field which is in front of 110 acre woods ( I don’t own the woods)

behind my box blind is a hedge that is 120 ft deep x 300 ft long.

the deer are always bedded down in there,,if I intentionally make noise I kick them out and they always go the opposite way on a dead run and don’t come back till night.

if I’m quiet and sit in my blind they don’t come out till dark .

how do I get them out during daylight.

I know they move at dark.

these three pics were all this morning

and tons of does too

3FEFD4EA-17FE-4F54-A7F8-85D71F4168FB.jpeg

6A8052F4-FC38-408F-B415-1E461D597BE7.jpeg

3E11881A-7D07-4D23-8D56-05E0DBDB4BD7.jpeg

Seal the blind and sleep in it overnight.

• Thanks 2

Three guys , two walk it , one on each side the third sets up on the far end ,or farther  away , where they run to . Frankly I’d be comfortable with just two ,one on each side . 

Yesterday I posted an old hunt where I had my 14 y/o daughter walk an over grown drainage ditch , and drove a 7 pt right to me . Can’t use dogs in this state , kids make a pretty fair alternative.

40 yards wide is a really wide hedgerow . 

I really like the wind up alarm clock idea . 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yesterday I posted an old hunt where I had my 14 y/o daughter walk an over grown drainage ditch , and drove a 7 pt right to me . Can’t use dogs in this state , kids make a pretty fair alternative.

40 yards wide is a really wide hedgerow . 

I really like the wind up alarm clock idea . 

Back when I was a boy  we use to get kept home from school to be used as drivers when needed . Back then we use to drive whole hills multiple properties.... and yes I have used pots and spoons  to scare  them up .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Back when I was a boy  we use to get kept home from school to be used as drivers when needed . Back then we use to drive whole hills multiple properties.... and yes I have used pots and spoons  to scare  them up .

I agree driving is necessary and even fun, however I like the drivers sneaking through the cover very thoroughly, I think it gives the deer less time to react and they make more hasty decisions last minute about their intended exit routes.  Often times the drivers get a chance to kill deer also.

1st. Build box opposite side of the field so you look at hedge row.  Sit in that one

Deer know your in one your hunting ,prolly can see you walking in .

2nd. If Deer can see the plot even if they cant smell it.... Thicken up edge of field and perhaps cut it in half using a planted screening.. deer simply cant see whole field and must get up to see,  scent check it or wind it. 

3rd option is to drive it but that would be my last resort.

Manipulate the habitate to make them. Enter where you want in daylight. Would be my method of choice.. 

• Like 1