Vaccination

7 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

I'll throw this out there .... for those whom are Vaxxed ... will you be getting the Booster when available ?

I guess I can't see any reason why not. I'm in that high risk age bracket. Is there some reason why I shouldn't?

8 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:
8 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

I'll throw this out there .... for those whom are Vaxxed ... will you be getting the Booster when available ?

I had the Moderna series and will get the booster when it is available and the right time. Will be getting the Flu shot sometime in the next few days getting that one out of the way.:yes: Preventative maintenance!

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, left field said:

This is a short, clear and fair explanation of what the booster does and how the vaccine generally works.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/what-covid-booster-shots-can-and-cant-do

Its interesting they acknowledge there is a high risk group that will benefit from the vaccine but yet I have to lay in bed awake and think of a plan for home schooling my son if they should mandate it for 5 year olds and up.

• Like 2

I thought this was interesting:

What we’ve also seen, and this is typical of any vaccine, is that right after vaccination you get a big surge in antibody levels up front. But that’s not the only part of your immune system that kicks in; your immune system is forming a memory response, through memory cells. And so the antibodies may drift back down over time, but your memory cells are still there. Then, if you’re reëxposed to an infection, your memory cells kick into gear, and you get another surge of antibodies. The issue is that it takes three to five days or so for your immune cells to start revving up to make antibodies, and in that time the virus can still infect you and replicate—the incubation period with the Delta variant, for example, is about four to five days. Your immune system nips it in the bud before you get really sick, but you could still end up with a breakthrough infection.

That’s really how most vaccines work. They’re not preventing all infections—that’s what we call “sterilizing immunity,” and that’s actually quite rare. What most vaccines do is prevent the infection from taking off and making you sick. One of the problems with this whole debate around boosters is that people have had very unrealistic expectations of what vaccines can or can’t do. They think that seeing breakthrough infections is a failure of the vaccines, when it’s actually quite predictable and normal.

That is the most clear explanation for breakthrough infections I've read. 

Meanwhile, they're running out of morgue space in Idaho ...

Dave Salove has watched his morgue fill with bodies. Covid-19 victims have poured into the funeral home he runs in Boise, Idaho, in recent weeks, as the state contends with an unprecedented spike in deaths driven by the delta variant of the coronavirus. His 16-slot refrigeration room is over capacity. Other funeral homes have neared a tipping point, too.

Intent on avoiding the makeshift morgues that cropped up in the Northeast during the pandemic’s first wave, Salove this week brought in a refrigerated trailer to hold the growing number of dead. By Friday, there were seven corpses inside, up from two the day before. Six more were on their way from another facility.

“I’d barely gotten it installed, and we had to start using it,” Salove said. “Right now, we are seeing that spike.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/09/25/idaho-funeral-homes-coronavirus/

On 9/22/2021 at 11:09 AM, Jeremy K said:

There are doctors and scientist who have turned to alternative sources of media ,I'm not sure if you knew this or not but the news isnt actually reporting the truth anymore.

so peer reviewed studies??? Or just some randoms, possibly biased or paid off individuals? PS did you hear about the DOCTOR that just lost her license after she claimed the vaccine would cause people to become magnetized? 

On 9/22/2021 at 7:30 PM, Shoots100 said:

I've left links to medical studies from other countries that counter your covid claims and you still claim that it's gibberish, unless it comes from some lib doctor from NYC, you know the expert doctors that killed thousands of covid patients by putting them on ventilators ?

Luckily, some doctors with experience put and end to that treatment and saved thousands from certain death.

You don't need a superior education to know what's right and what's wrong.

When given all of the facts, most people can make their own decisions, except for the liberal slaves, they need their marching orders.

Every day that goes by, the main stream media is losing the battle to cover up their lies about the vaccine and the alternative + preventative medications that are being used with great effectiveness in other countries.

Meanwhile, the current administration's experts are intentionally transporting untested refugees from countries that have who's knows what covid variant around the US.

Are those the educated experts you want us to trust ?

Other countries have closed their borders to stop the spread, but our "Experts" are rolling out the welcome mat and then penalizing Americans with mandates, lockdowns, social distancing, covid passports and injections.

Even a fifth grader could tell you that's idiotic.

Have fun at the wedding, hopefully it's not near a town that they transported unchecked illegals to.

what is it that you do for a living again? What degree did you obtain?

still waiting on that source of 40k people killed by the vaccine. Please link the peer reviewed study.

The wedding was fine by the way, it was up on moose lake. 

21 minutes ago, Belo said:

so peer reviewed studies??? Or just some randoms, possibly biased or paid off individuals? PS did you hear about the DOCTOR that just lost her license after she claimed the vaccine would cause people to become magnetized? 

No link ? For someone who grills everyone else on their lack of intelligence and unfunded claims ,i would expect a link sir. 

• Like 2

I still don't understand how an unvaxxed person is a threat to a vaxxed person.  As far as I know all the vax can do is keep you above ground.  The unvaxxed person takes the risk of dying, but cannot kill a vaxxed person if they infect them.  Plus, a vaxxed person is just as capable of infecting another person as an unvaxxed one.

So why are the unvaxxed being attacked here?  I don't get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I still don't understand how an unvaxxed person is a threat to a vaxxed person.  As far as I know all the vax can do is keep you above ground.  The unvaxxed person takes the risk of dying, but cannot kill a vaxxed person if they infect them.  Plus, a vaxxed person is just as capable of infecting another person as an unvaxxed one.

So why are the unvaxxed being attacked here?  I don't get it.

Because the unvaxed haven't complied with what the government says..   simple do as we say control.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Because the unvaxed haven't complied with what the government says..   simple do as we say control.

If that is the only reason, I'm all for people telling the government to stick it up their butt.  I can understand the government wanting to protect all of the people, but unless it can prove it's doing that, it has no authority to impose anything, especially vilification of citizens who question it's demands.

What I see going on now, with people losing their jobs and freedom, is troublesome.  When the government can start penalizing people who won't knuckle under to unconstitutional demands, we have become a totalitarian nation with an out of control government.  The more the government pushes people in this direction, the worse it will get.  God help America.

Best way to social distance in modern international flying.....

Put 38 people on a plane that seats 286 and 10 flight attendents.

Cargo is paying the way.

Just a side observation, Emirates hands down best looking fligjt attendents ever. Singapore Air right there too.

20210927_223500.jpg

• Like 1

Its interesting they acknowledge there is a high risk group that will benefit from the vaccine but yet I have to lay in bed awake and think of a plan for home schooling my son if they should mandate it for 5 year olds and up.

Why are you so afraid of the vaccine? How many other vaccines are required for you son to
Go to school? Why are you living in fear. Hiding your son in your basement from a vaccine that has a 99.999999% chance of no ill effects.

Sounds like you a sheep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Chef said:

Why are you so afraid of the vaccine? How many other vaccines are required for you son to
Go to school? Why are you living in fear. Hiding your son in your basement from a vaccine that has a 99.999999% chance of no ill effects.

Sounds like you a sheep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you finding the long term data on the ill effects of the covid19 mRNA vaccines? 

• Like 1