Vaccination

13 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

It’s actually not that complicated. This may help clarify things: 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-infectious/ 

Yeah it all depends what outfit one reads from. But point still is that they are handing out a vaccine that they have no clue if a person will still get or still give something they are so called protecting them from. So let’s stay shut down and wear a mask for 3-4 more years maybe. 

F4D2F218-88F9-4D8D-9365-205E9BB234F5.png

3 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Yeah it all depends what outfit one reads from. But point still is that they are handing out a vaccine that they have no clue if a person will still get or still give something they are so called protecting them from. So let’s stay shut down and wear a mask for 3-4 more years maybe. 

F4D2F218-88F9-4D8D-9365-205E9BB234F5.png

Just use a n95 mask until its goes away in about 1 or 2 years that's all , if you feel the vaccination  is not for you .   I  would not rag on anyone not sure about a new vaccination  either way every one has to make up there own minds  and not have the government  force it on people . I personally think   just using a n95 or kn95 mask in indoors in stores is good enough protection  for  the near future of this pandemic .

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just use a n95 mask until its goes away in about 1 or 2 years that's all , if you feel the vaccination  is not for you .   I  would not rag on anyone not sure about a new vaccination  either way every one has to make up there own minds  and not have the government  force it on people . I personally think   just using a n95 or kn95 mask in indoors in stores is good enough protection  for  the near future of this pandemic .

Yeah that sounds like a great life. Shall we continue to stop the world from spinning also. Will the hotdog in order to have a beer and closing at 10pm continue to keep the Covid away? Shall we continue to bury all the little stores to only mass shop with 100,s of others at the same time?   So many things wrong with this crap. 

24 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Yeah that sounds like a great life. Shall we continue to stop the world from spinning also. Will the hotdog in order to have a beer and closing at 10pm continue to keep the Covid away? Shall we continue to bury all the little stores to only mass shop with 100,s of others at the same time?   So many things wrong with this crap. 

Hey if you don't mind taking your chances with this new virus that's your business  does not bother me one way or the other . your decision to make .  I will tell you this since this thing started almost a year now  I have been using either n95 or kn95 masks  indoors and have not gotten sick at all  no colds no nothing  and I go in stores with lots of  people all the time .  usually I would have gotten at least a cold  or something  by now .  

Edited by phantom

22 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The goal was 20M vaccinations by today and only 3M so far. not a good look.

true but when they said the vaccine would be out by the end of the year everyone said it wouldnt happen. If they get 20M done by January were they that far off?  I am amazed how fast the govt actually put this together once the vaccines were approved.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Outside of the BBC there’s not much left .

Got that right. And every newscast has said and even our great Cuomo said that this vaccine has not been proven to stop people from getting or giving even after the shot so he will keep the boot on your throat and diaper on your face. Hell I and everyone else I personally know should be dead by now. Being essential and all we have been mask free and in the game from the jump. Know of about a dozen that got it without an issue and know if 1 death that the person had other issues before the Covid.   If one looks at the number of deaths from everything the last 2-3 years and look at the deaths this year we are doing better this year even with the virus. So yes it sucks and never should have happened but in the grand scheme of things ???

I think the decision to get a vaccine is a personal one that doesn't require influence from the media.

Either you decide that the possible benefit outweighs the risk, or it doesn't.

The same decision you make with any other vaccine, medication, surgery, etc.  

I'd recommend doing a little more research before simply saying No to it.  Especially if you're in a "more experienced age bracket". 

But as always.. Choose what you are comfortable with, and let others do the same. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Got that right. And every newscast has said and even our great Cuomo said that this vaccine has not been proven to stop people from getting or giving even after the shot so he will keep the boot on your throat and diaper on your face. Hell I and everyone else I personally know should be dead by now. Being essential and all we have been mask free and in the game from the jump. Know of about a dozen that got it without an issue and know if 1 death that the person had other issues before the Covid.   If one looks at the number of deaths from everything the last 2-3 years and look at the deaths this year we are doing better this year even with the virus. So yes it sucks and never should have happened but in the grand scheme of things ???

yea same here the one person I know that died had lots of other heath issues but still who likes getting the flu lol 

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

true but when they said the vaccine would be out by the end of the year everyone said it wouldnt happen. If they get 20M done by January were they that far off?  I am amazed how fast the govt actually put this together once the vaccines were approved.  

True, but i think the demand to get it is less than they thought as well. Wonder if they will announce the % of healthcare workers who chose to get it or not.

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

True, but i think the demand to get it is less than they thought as well. Wonder if they will announce the % of healthcare workers who chose to get it or not.

Nope.  They want everyone to think it’s all peaches. Hence the sleepy one and his side kick ...Whatever she is doing all the media hype. Just like the masks, older folks and those with health issues jump in and the rest take the stupid mask off, open our world again to everything that makes life life and carry on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Even if they get a 1/3 of the population that means 100 million plus are waiting.  I dont think they will have any problem using every and all vaccine that is available for several months. Esp if there continues to be very little issue with side effects. 

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Even if they get a 1/3 of the population that means 100 million plus are waiting.  I dont think they will have any problem using every and all vaccine that is available for several months. Esp if there continues to be very little issue with side effects. 

Yea, they need to change things up soon and give them to people who want them. Right now there'ss a lot of hospitals with them not being used.

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea, they need to change things up soon and give them to people who want them. Right now there'ss a lot of hospitals with them not being used.

the signup they had here for the last two days for frontline workers filled up in just a few hours.  If somewhere it isnt being used then they def need to open it up more.  

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

the signup they had here for the last two days for frontline workers filled up in just a few hours.  If somewhere it isnt being used then they def need to open it up more.  

if they were willing to drive they can definitely get them in places that received many more. I wonder if there's an internal type program where they can see where to go to get one?

23 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I think the decision to get a vaccine is a personal one that doesn't require influence from the media.

Either you decide that the possible benefit outweighs the risk, or it doesn't.

The same decision you make with any other vaccine, medication, surgery, etc.  

I'd recommend doing a little more research before simply saying No to it.  Especially if you're in a "more experienced age bracket". 

But as always.. Choose what you are comfortable with, and let others do the same. 

No one is currently advocating for compulsory vaccination. But it is critical that one exercises news literacy while doing their own research, as you say. Unless you're going to read the primary literature, your secondary research source will be the news. Not all news sources are created equal.. choose carefully. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

There is just so much here that is categorically false. I mean, it sounds compelling and I can see why you would parrot it from w/e talking head you picked it up from, but none of it is actually real.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

if they were willing to drive they can definitely get them in places that received many more. I wonder if there's an internal type program where they can see where to go to get one?

right now sign up wasnt open to the public.  You had to be identified as a frontline worker and in the area etc. If they opened it to the public they wouldnt have enough for sure.  At least up here.  Im sure the city obviously got more of the vaccine.