Looking for a wool pullover (suggestions)

Otto

I wanted to get a Cableas Wooltimate pullover with a kangaroo pocket to use in the archery season.   My size, XL, is out of stock.   Wondering if there is a good (or better) substitute, or should I just wait until inventory comes back?   I want the kangaroo pocket so I can keep my hands in there without having to use a muff and I like the quietness and warmth of the wool, plus the hood.   Sitka has nice looking pullover, but it is $450! 

605551_download(1).png.73d74bc13382cff00214b73383ac0684.png

I got this Patagonia this year for Father’s Day. Didn’t wear it til hunting season but fell for it and wore it on every hunt. It’s great warm comfortable.  
DB8C3FD6-3521-4840-A6CA-78084BD08F91.thumb.png.0506378612f9fe185f677f71fd9cd8be.png

Liked it so much got another for Xmas 

99D6FB56-7C4F-4B9E-9805-ACD784CB7AC1.thumb.png.1cfb8e9fcf7b38dee6dd87782b14f38f.png

Still looking for this one but sold out everywhere 

26543AE6-3EB0-4575-8F6D-772F302F241E.thumb.png.81940e710f00af56b46f979579704c68.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cory said:

@Otto I’m not sure where you live but I was @ bass pro in Utica and they have them! I have always liked this camo and almost pulled the trigger but I left my gift cards at home in Buffalo. Maybe next week I’ll go and purchase!

Utica is not too far away, less than an hour.  Maybe my wife would like a few hours at Turning Stone.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I like that cabelas pullover.   Wish they made them in normal sized.   

Welcome (?) to my world..... :)

I sent back a package yesterday to Duluth Trading and am expecting a couple new arrivals any day from Kuiu.  They’ll probably be sent back. Lol

They aren’t hunting gear just “Sunday go to meeting” items.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Welcome (?) to my world..... :)

I sent back a package yesterday to Duluth Trading and am expecting a couple new arrivals any day from Kuiu.  They’ll probably be sent back. Lol

They aren’t hunting gear just “Sunday go to meeting” items.   

Hate the price but Sitka fits me right.  

I've been wanting the wooltimate pants and jacket for ages I finally pulled the trigger and got them this year and they are amazing on this cold windy days.

I they seem to run a size smaller than advertised I usually wear a 2xl and bought the 3xl they fit perfect.

30 minutes ago, Otto said:

Utica is not too far away, less than an hour.  Maybe my wife would like a few hours at Turning Stone.:rolleyes:

I'll volunteer to spend a few hours at Turning Stone with your wife while you are shopping...Of course, I may need a little SEED money......<<GRIN>>....   Seriously, Tony, the Wooltimate jacket has become my go-to cool to cold weather jacket over the last few years....The only time I go heavier is for extremes, like ice fishing  or winter lake fishing, when I fall back on my insulated bibs and my old Cabela's  Colorado Down coat.... Get a big enough kangaroo pocket and perhaps you'll have room enough to take me along to keep your belly warm...

I checked Basspro Utica in store stock, no XL.  Not sure how accurate their inventory system is, I am guessing it sucks based on recent experiences with BPS and Cabelas.   It is end of season after all, I will just keep looking at it and get it before next season.  I’ve got 10 months! 

@Pygmy  I am sure my wife would have a grand time with you at Truning Stone, I don’t really care for the place, but she likes bingo and the slot machines.  Remember what they say about someone else’s wife, no matter how hot......”somewhere there is a husband bitching about her”

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I wear XL for most things and most thing hunting 2XL for layering (and I get fatter during hunting season!). WTF...XL is the largest they make???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They actually have up to 3xl on eBay but pretty expensive.  $289.   Not sure why the eBay seller has larger sizes but they have 100% rating so guessing it’s legit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otto said:

I was at the Utica bass pro a couple weeks ago and did see they had some of the wooltimate clothing in stock however i didn't look at the sizes. Im about 15-20 minutes away and to me the Utica one is lackluster compared to some of the other ones I've been to. 

22 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Bought one last year, along with the pants, jacket, and gloves. I like the Wooltimate alot!

I was at the Auburn store in October and I asked a lady where the vest was and she said "There is no vest." I showed her on the website on my phone and she then replied "Well Ive never seen it."  Good talk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1