Hand cannon

Stumbled across a very nice old Smith and Wesson 29-2 .44 magnum. It has the target hammer and trigger in it. This might have the smoothest action out if all of my revolvers. This one has the 8 3/8s inch barrel which balances quite well. I cant wait to take it into the woods next fall. Ammo has been a challenge to find as expected. Sorry for the crappy pictures 

35A4E6D0-9554-4A57-9238-8960F288079F.jpeg

C9C78DCD-EC50-4A4E-92AB-8C2FB40626BE.jpeg

80401465-CCA6-4DFE-86F0-A6DFFF7530CE.jpeg

598443DC-34D9-4412-9E71-A3ABB39D1671.jpeg

C0A7C1F6-AE1C-405D-956D-ACAD53B7970D.jpeg

• Like 6

29-2’s aren’t getting any easier to find. I had a nickel one and boy she was a beaut! I loved shooting really mild handloads in it (8gr of Unique with a 240gr SW). I did not enjoy real .44 mag loads in it with the exposed back strap. They are beautifully crafted double action revolvers and are worth more everyday as long as they’re taken care of. Congrats on a really timeless wheel gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, onlybrowning said:

29-2’s aren’t getting any easier to find. I had a nickel one and boy she was a beaut! I loved shooting really mild handloads in it (8gr of Unique with a 240gr SW). I did not enjoy real .44 mag loads in it with the exposed back strap. They are beautifully crafted double action revolvers and are worth more everyday as long as they’re taken care of. Congrats on a really timeless wheel gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had a nickel 29 and a nice stainless 629. They  were 6 or 6.5 inch guns. Both very nice revolvers. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

Nice ! 
i had a Dan Wesson SS .44 mag still have a DW .22 sweetest trigger on any gun I’ve ever shot .

I do love my SW 586 , 357 mag , I can let that gun sit for six months, pick it up.and shoot it very well .

14 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Nice ! 
i had a Dan Wesson SS .44 mag still have a DW .22 sweetest trigger on any gun I’ve ever shot .

I do love my SW 586 , 357 mag , I can let that gun sit for six months, pick it up.and shoot it very well .

I have 3 .357 mag Smiths that i enjoy very much however, this puppy may eclipse them in the fun category! It makes a bigger smile on my face with every pull of the trigger. My .357s are all K frame guns. 3 inch model 66-5, 4 inch model 19-4 and a 19-5 6 inch. Those 586/686 balance nice with the full under lug barrel. 

• Like 1