Gun Control Bill Headed To The Senate

Many anti-gun groups have already said once all semi-auto military style rifles are banned, they will go after handguns, because they are the criminal's gun of choice.  They tried this once before but public sentiment was against it.  They are planning to try it again.  Time is on their side and manipulating public opinion is their weapon of choice.

• Like 1

loss of life and other more important issues aside, these 2 recent mass shootings aren't great for our rights. The timing is bad and the pressure will be tremendous.

I'm not a tin foil hat guy and even I'm wondering what are the chances we go months and months without mass shootings and then 2 high profile ones as these bills are being voted on?

8 minutes ago, Belo said:

loss of life and other more important issues aside, these 2 recent mass shootings aren't great for our rights. The timing is bad and the pressure will be tremendous.

I'm not a tin foil hat guy and even I'm wondering what are the chances we go months and months without mass shootings and then 2 high profile ones as these bills are being voted on?

While my first thought was sorrow for the victims, as soon as I read the store shooter had an "AR style gun", I thought "here comes the ban".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

While my first thought was sorrow for the victims, as soon as I read the store shooter had an "AR style gun", I thought "here comes the ban".

i didn't hear that yet but assumed it none the less. Not to detract, but they're still pushing the racial narative on the atlanta shooter even after it was discovered that race had nothing to do with it and the guy probably just had a small dick.

So black lives matter, womens lives matter, asian lives matter, latino lives matter

starting to sound a lot like all lives matter... haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I was never a tin foil hat guy either, but there are so many things happening in Washington & the whole country that just defy any type of logic lately that you have to stop believing the narrative being pushed on the more popular & prevalent media stations & forums.:dontknow:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

I was never a tin foil hat guy either, but there are so many things happening in Washington & the whole country that just defy any type of logic lately that you have to stop believing the narrative being pushed on the more popular & prevalent media stations & forums.:dontknow:

You mean like the fact that kids are still in cages, someone is still stumbling while walking, mis pronouncing words and we just sanctioned china again? Yeah but at least there's not a mean guy tweeting his feelings right? 

the hypocrisy is astounding and they can't even avoid it anymore.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

You mean like the fact that kids are still in cages, someone is still stumbling while walking, mis pronouncing words and we just sanctioned china again? Yeah but at least there's not a mean guy tweeting his feelings right? 

the hypocrisy is astounding and they can't even avoid it anymore.

Pretty much, yes. 4 months later, and I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that some sportsmen & gun owners actually voted for this, and aren't afraid to say so. But maybe the end-game here after smearing Trump & probably Biden next, will be to put Harris in charge. I'd be willing to say it's a pretty even bet.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Grouse said:

There was a time in this land when people had the will to fight tyranny.

Disclaimer, I am not picking on you or trying to instigate anything. That said, I've asked once or twice and you kind of sidestepped the question each time. So what would you suggest for tactics for "fighting" tyranny in the context of these gun control efforts?

For example, let's say that I have an illegal gun in my home. In plain view. For conversation's sake, let's pretend it's a full featured AR with a 100 round drum mag. The NYSP come knocking on the door with a warrant. I would undoubtedly let them come in as the warrant allows. 

So, honest question; What is my other choice(s) to fight tyranny?

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

I'm not going on record as to what I would do, or what I plan to do.  The idea is to be one step ahead of the opposition.  Study what people in other tyrannical countries have done. 

As far as your question, I say this, don't keep that rifle in your home.  You need to plan in advance to avoid the issue.

Here's what needs to be done in this country.

May be an image of text that says 'The Constitution cannot protect you, if you don't protect the Constitution with your votes against anyone who violates it. Those government officials who want more power are not going to stop unless they get stopped. *FreedomWorks THOMAS SOWELL'

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I'm not going on record as to what I would do, or what I plan to do.  The idea is to be one step ahead of the opposition.  Study what people in other tyrannical countries have done. 

As far as your question, I say this, don't keep that rifle in your home.  You need to plan in advance to avoid the issue.

Here's what needs to be done in this country.

I asked what would be a suggestion for me to do. I didn't ask anything about you or your plans. It's a serious question. If you think I'm trolling you, you're mistaken. You keep sidestepping my question - 3X now.

I hear you about not keeping it in the home but I'll ask again, in my hypothetical situation, what's my next move to fight tyranny?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I asked what would be a suggestion for me to do. I didn't ask anything about you or your plans. It's a serious question. If you think I'm trolling you, you're mistaken. You keep sidestepping my question - 3X now.

I hear you about not keeping it in the home but I'll ask again, in my hypothetical situation, what's my next move to fight tyranny?

I'll answer your hypothetical question, with a real answer.

Your next move would be to fight or give up and let the jurors decide your fate.

Hypothetically, If your sitting in your chair with a fully accessorized "Assault Weapon" loaded to the max and you let them knock on your door, you've made up your mind to fight tyranny long before they were coming for you.

Remember this, David Koresh was ready for the raid and in the end, all that's left of the branch Davidian compound is a small chapel in a barren field.

28 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Yeah , with the shootings in CO— that’s 2 now in the past several days— there’s gonna be a lot of renewed clamoring for banning of assault rifles. 

The guy was from Syria  didn't Biden just bomb them a few weeks ago  pay back probably. 

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Jerry, our only realistic recourse to the situation you mentioned, would be to give up all that the authorities came for. Then go through the courts to try and get back what was taken. The courts go by the constitution, and laws introduced by, and passed by politicians. Politicians are voted into office by the people. People are misled by false speaking politicians and the biased media on both sides. Who look to change the constitution with more laws, to fit their political or most fashionable agenda at that time.      

In other words, once they are gone, they are gone. Because we did not vote in the right politicians to support the constitution. 

• Like 1

I will say again and this thread to me proves it.  That the Republicans biggest blind spot is that they don't recognize that the culture is changing and we will soon be the minority voice.  That weather it is in the Constitution or not if more people want to see guns taken away then people will lose their guns . It's that simple whether we like it or not.  

With the larger population centers of cities in NY and California, cities like detroit etc.  , the citizens there can be decent people and just want the killings to stop anyway it can be. They aren't hunters, they don't understand the need for it and just see reports night after night of shootings.  To them us giving up our rights is giving up hunting rights and not to defend ourselves or protect the Constitution.  People are starting to be in more and more numbers of looking at it as a aged out document.  When we become the voting minority that is when it is lost.  

I can see more and more gun restrictions coming but most of us won't be alive to see confiscations.  But it will go there one day as society and culture are changing.  And we don't like it and we scream about it but we are all becoming the old men on the on the porch.  Sometimes the will of the people isn't what we want it to be. And we say it's cause we aren't voting in the right people. I think it is more our votes are getting outvoted for whom we consider the right people.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, grampy said:

Jerry, our only realistic recourse to the situation you mentioned, would be to give up all that the authorities came for. Then go through the courts to try and get back what was taken. The courts go by the constitution, and laws introduced by, and passed by politicians. Politicians are voted into office by the people. People are misled by false speaking politicians and the biased media on both sides. Who look to change the constitution with more laws, to fit their political or most fashionable agenda at that time.      

In other words, once they are gone, they are gone. Because we did not vote in the right politicians to support the constitution. 

This is pretty much my opinion exactly. There is no way I'm going to fight anything except in the courts after the fact.

I find it interesting that I had to ask this question 3 or maybe it was 4 times now, and I got sidestepped each and every time like a politician's double speak. I asked the person who is the most vocal on the board of this sort of thing. Got nothing.

Maybe meme's will save the 2A, lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I believe the only way to address the issue of gun violence is to address the cause.

Lets face it the majority of crimes/shootings are not committed by legal law abiding gun owners. 

The emphasis should be on finding the source of the guns being used and how they are obtained. Not sure how the focus can be changed but the most logical choice would be from gunowners themselves.

If the focus remains on the gun we will remain in jeopardy of losing them.  Until the individual(s) committing the crimes are held accountable there will be more and more pressure to remove ownership.

Politicians don't have a clue what the issues are and until they are willing to face the music we will be at their mercy. I would hope organizations like the NRA would take that approach but they seem to be more interested in stopping laws to restrict our rights which is not being very successful.

We as a society need to address the issues by getting the message out or we are doomed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

This is pretty much my opinion exactly. There is no way I'm going to fight anything except in the courts after the fact.

I find it interesting that I had to ask this question 3 or maybe it was 4 times now, and I got sidestepped each and every time like a politician's double speak. I asked the person who is the most vocal on the board of this sort of thing. Got nothing.

Maybe meme's will save the 2A, lol.

Bravo Jerry. We dont always agree but i love how specific you got in your questioning. You know agitating when you see it.

• Like 1