LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

3 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Having some coffee before heading out. Thinking back, I've only killed one buck ever during ML season! Not feeling very hopeful, but gotta try...

only one ive killed during muzzle was a shed buck i thought was a doe.  And 3 minutes later saw one of the top 3 bucks ive ever seen in the woods but no shot.  Also years ago had a nice 8 trailing 3 does and couldnt get a shot at it 

• Like 1

Ive only SEEN three bucks during the late season lol
Haven't seen a buck in 15 years of late season. Shot a couple doe and anyways see a good amout.....Bucks are just non existent. This season we have a few that slip up during day time.....and they have been added to the late season hit list.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ha , I Seldom hunt late season , don’t even own a ML . Last year I hunted it with my crossbow, and two afternoons around 3:00 3 mature bucks came out into the field 300 yards away and feed, two of the sobs bedded down right in the open field .

So me being a crafty hunter , borrowed a ML, went back the next day, came in from another road and set up in a hedgerow for an easy shot .

Never saw a thing .

Im going to wash the cars now in shorts while smoking a cigar, what great Dec. Weather !!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive got none. Did let a really big one go a couple years ago, he was at the crest of a hill with a busy road behind him

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

only one ive killed during muzzle was a shed buck i thought was a doe.  And 3 minutes later saw one of the top 3 bucks ive ever seen in the woods but no shot.  Also years ago had a nice 8 trailing 3 does and couldnt get a shot at it 

48 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

40 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I have never seen a buck (even a spike) in the late season. Won't stop me from trying to change that....!

20 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Haven't seen a buck in 15 years of late season. Shot a couple doe and anyways see a good amout.....Bucks are just non existent. This season we have a few that slip up during day time.....and they have been added to the late season hit list.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

NOW ya tell me!! LOL  Won't be shooting does if I do see any. Sounds like bucks are even tougher to come by for everyone during ML season. Glad I don't have high any expectations, so I won't be disappointed.

1 hour ago, G-Man said:

That's red... thought everyone knew that crazy basterd.....

LOL.  I've definitely put a couple younger bucks and doe in headlocks while dispatching them with the knife.  My son spine shot his first deer last month I jumped out of that blind so fast and grabbed it by the back leg as it tried to crawl away and yelled to my son to bring me my knife.  Then I mad sure to tell him he couldn't do what I just did. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Red said:

LOL.  I've definitely put a couple younger bucks and doe in headlocks while dispatching them with the knife.  My son spine shot his first deer last month I jumped out of that blind so fast and grabbed it by the back leg as it tried to crawl away and yelled to my son to bring me my knife.  Then I mad sure to tell him he couldn't do what I just did. 

df3.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Red said:

Hahaha u crazy sob!!! I didn’t see or hear about your son, congrats!! That hunts forever etched in your sons mind. Heck he’ll be drinking with his buddy’s telling that story for years to come!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol, you need to hunt with the crazy bastards I hunt with. 3 of them went all WWE on a doe this year to finish her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1