LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

LOL.  I've definitely put a couple younger bucks and doe in headlocks while dispatching them with the knife.  My son spine shot his first deer last month I jumped out of that blind so fast and grabbed it by the back leg as it tried to crawl away and yelled to my son to bring me my knife.  Then I mad sure to tell him he couldn't do what I just did. 

Just once in my life if like to yell "BOY! BRING ME MY KNIFE!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Lol.. once my FIL and I tracked this spike until 10pm one night. When we found him he was still alive and we didn't have any weapons and only one flashlight that worked by then. He tells me to sneak around and jump on him and he would cut his neck.. 

So of course I did . Well ... I started too.. Then the  spike jumped up and lunged towards me. I'd like to say that I tackled him. 

But I didn't.  I jumped out of the way..The buck fell back down just past me and then I jumped on him and we dispatched him.

My FIL loves to re-tell this story, how his big tough 250# SIL was scared of a little 150# deer..lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Sure was and @Enigma and myself went out in it 2 or 3 days later ml hunting.  It'll be easier walking this year when he comes down Saturday. 

@Swamp_bucks just can't let it go. I mean it's not my fault he's vertically challenged. I keep telling him "Bud, I know it was deep but it slowed them down too!" Slow enough so I could get a shot off! Snow or not we'll pound em again Sat. Looking forward to it SB!

• Like 2

My buddy arrowed a buck that ran into a thick hedgerow and fell down. He called me over to help drag it out but when he grabbed it by the rack, it jumped to its feet! I yelled for him to keep its head pinned to the ground while I tried to finish it off with my knife. Yeah, not a good situation. I tried to stab it in the neck a few times and ended up getting kicked pretty good. Finally got pissed off and tackled it. Slit its throat while lying on top of it with my buddy still holding it by the rack. When it was all over, my hand was bleeding from a kick right thru my gloves. Stupid move but we were only 18 at the time. Dumb kids but learning every step of the way.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Parents had a cottage , up the line was my metal shop teacher and friend of my dads big big gun collector ,M1s mostly . He shot a big rat with an air rifle which had little to no effect .

He yelled to his wife, “ Betty bring me the shotgun !” She came a running with the loaded 12 ga from the cottage , he blasted it . What great fun for a kid to see unfold !

• Like 2